Need Wiring Diagram for a Clarion DXZ725...

JohnQ
Unregistered guest
I have a Clarion DXZ725... but I need a wiring diagram INCLUDING the RCA jacks... the cd player has 4 RCA jacks and I have no clue what any of them are. Alls I need is a diagram, thanks.

Username: Xempttech

Woodside Queens, NEW YORK USA

Post Number: 1
Are you trying to wire this through Amplifiers? or do you even want to use the RCA connections?, ussually they're there if you want to hook the receiver to a car amp, and judging by what you said ( 4 RCA s) you are looking at front L/R and Rear L/R this can connect to a 4 channel amp if you want. But what kind of set up are you trying to accomplish?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 132
Honestly...I have no idea. The installation manual for these things is terribly laid out and does not explain color coding for the RCA jacks(The RCA cables are colored seperately on your unit, correct?) Other than that, all of the other wires should be the same as any other aftermarket headunit:
Red-ignition(+)
Yellow-Constant Battery (+)
Black-Ground
White-Front Left
Gray-Front Right
Purple-Rear Right
Green-Rear Left
Solid Blue-Power Antenna
Blue w/white stripe-Remote turn on(Amp)

Post Number: 2
I searched everywhere for that manual and there seems to be none that shows you the wiring diagram. Those RCA's can either be for the equalizer or amp. Im not sure. If you want to you can send me some pictures of them maybe if i look at it i can tell you something. if anything call clarion. send me an IM on AIM- Leadbasket

JohnQ
Unregistered guest
I know what all of the normal wires are, but there's a single brown wire, and and orange wire... than a purple set of RCAs... a red set of RCAs... a gray set of RCAs... and a black set of RCAs... I know that some of those RCAs are input and output - if I install an amp and stick the RCA jacks into an input by accident, will it damage my deck??

Post Number: 3
Your best bet is to call clarion, obviously they dont like to follow standards like everyone else. If you connect the amp through the wrong RCA it wont damage your deck since an amplifiers input has no current leading out of it; but if the RCA is for something else other then a LINE output, i wouldn't connect it, but then again RCA's are meant for line levels. I think you should really call up clarion and tell them about this, if they dont want to help then beg a little lol. its all i can recommend. they should follow standards, and not make up their own thing.

Post Number: 4
http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=1118 those RCA's are premaps, look at the site i sent you. theres 3 sets (6 total RCA's), If everything turns on and works right keep it that way, so what if you are missing a little wire (lol) as long as the main ones are in ( yellow, ground ignition etc..) let it be. just make sure you go over your setting since your receiver is discontinued it would be a pain to get the same one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us