In search of a new head unit. Need recommendation

Username: Chism

Post Number: 1
I am currently in search of a new head unit for my car. I currently have infinity 6x9 in the rear and infinity 4x6 in the front. I do not currently have an amplifier for them but I might get one later.

I would like a head unit that can deliver enough power to the speakers while I do not have an amplifier. Also, if I do get a 4 channel amplifier, i guess I would need 3 preamp outputs.

I have heard the alpine 9830s are good, but was wondering if I would be better off getting something with an equalizer. My main concern is great sound, so an equalizer is not a must. I do not want the price to go over 250 though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Remember, my main concern is to make it sound great in my car. Thanks!

Username: Chism

Post Number: 2
ok, I found a Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP on ebay for $240. This sounds like it has everything I want. What does everyone think of this HU?

tips
Unregistered guest
i dunno, im a new at this, but ive been askin about the alpine 9830, and so far everyone has said its a good deal, so im sticking with it. im in the same position as you, infinity speakers, maybe an amp, 3 preouts, sq. so yea. i dont know about the pioneer tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us