All Expert Input.......Check This Out!!!!

Anonymous

Granted that each individual "superwoofer" was given the proper box, appropriate power, and used in the same vehicle.......

Which one would come out on top......aka THE LOUDEST???

Now, let's be more imaginative and less technical..hehe :-)

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 353
they are not goin to like this thread.

Anonymous

cause the truth may not be the ones in their car.....lol

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 296
Wouldn't that be impossible to tell unless you actually did give them the proper box, appropriate power, and used them in the same vehicle....... and you should test them all with the same equipment too. Actually, somebody should try that. Would cost a lot though.

Anonymous

that's why I am asking all with experience..and I'm hoping for unbiased answers. Seems to me like all those who are capable of answering...are afraid to answer or they simply "don't care" even though most or all do care.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2973
If you were to put all the "superwoofers" together as far as the proper enclosure and power, they'd still perform differently in the same vehicle due to their frequency characteristics and vehicle cabin gain. Furthermore, a fair comparison would be anechoic, and if you were to put all the woofers beside each other in a typical enclosure, they'd be so close to each other in SPL that it really wouldn't be worth spending the money to compare them. One sub really wouldn't blow out the other, although it may show a little more SPL (within 1db of difference). Once you get into this type of comparison with these types of subs, you really should start choosing on what your ears prefer.

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
RE MT - Happy now?? Is that an answer you're looking for? In all seriousness, Jon's right, it is what your ears like. There is no loudest sub, but the MT is pretty bada$$, that is if u properly power it.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 786
i was gonna say a sub more along the lines of an Xblod sub (not to be confused with an Xplode made by sony.)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7320
for a single sub?
probably that $6000 sub MTX made.
That 300 pound job that's like 3' across.
heh

that thing just has the raw displacement.
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=600

there's pics and video of it

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 301
Yeah, I've seen that. The only thing I don't get is it only has 2.5 inches of excursion. On the site their not sure if that is one way or peak to peak, but still, even one way; isn't that small for a 300 pound sub? I meen some 12's and 15's can have 1 - 2 inches peak to peak, can't they? I would think something with a diameter of 3 feet would be able to move a ton, like 8 inches or so. Maybe I'm missing something though. I also wonder how loud the 36" Audiobahn sub is. Even though Audiobahn is crap, still, it's as big as the mtx. I think it costs a lot more than 6k too.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2977
Oh, I thought you were referring to what people call the "superwoofers", subs that do good at both SQ and SPL such as the W7, ID Max, Eclipse Ti, Re X.X.X., Brahma, etc.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 302
Take a look at this. It's supposedly the largest sub in the world.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2119&page=1&p p=10

(copy the url and take the space out between the p and p, retarted filters on the boards wouldn't let me post the url with "p p" in it. Lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us