Best HU for approx $250

Anonymous

Hey, im just wondering what you'd say the would be the best HU to get for about $250US. I'm gonna have a full system, so I assume im gonna need decent preouts? Detachable face is also another feature that is pretty much a must. Brand isn't a big deal really. The one other thing is it must play mp3's.

Thanks for your time

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 65
check out blaupunkt...imo they make really good head units... www.blaupunkt.com

tips
Unregistered guest
if u wanna check out ebay, they have good ones. im in the same exact situation as you, and after researching for a long time, im going with the alpine cda9830. i went to pricegrabber.com just to see what i could find, and found it for 250 with shipping.

Anonymous

cool, thanks for the replies

Username: Martai

Vancouver, WA USA

Post Number: 2
Lots of good choices for $250. Alpine 9830 is real good, if you like really bright sound and are ok with the complexity of its operation. Blau, Clarion & Panasonic make nice units, but upgrading to satellite radio would be a problem it you ever wanted to. Pioneer & KW make nice units for $150-$200, but I'd go for a $300+ unit if I were going Pioneer. I'd avoid Sony right now. Most popular choice for demanding buyers for $250 is probably Alpine, few who buy one are disappointed, most are real happy. But you should go to a good shop (not B Buy or CC unless you go to both a good shop & one of those) and take a couple of favorite discs and check things out, see what a good sales rep has to say and examine for yourself. Best place to buy is e-bay if you have good help lined up to install your purchase. Or a good shop can sometimes cut you a pretty good deal esp. if you do not want to install it yourself. I love to install myself and buy off e-bay but I also like my little local shop, they are cool and know way more than I ever will and keep up with everything - good people to know & visit.

geo
Unregistered guest
how about the pioneer premie deh-p8mp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us