2 ch or 4 ch amp?

Bronze Member
Username: 70el_co

Fort walton beach, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 14
im looking for an amp to push infinity reference 6000cs component system (2 tweets, 2mid, and 2 xovers). 90rms @4 onhs. which would be a better suited amp for this speakers between these 2 kickers:
RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 85W x 2 @ 14.4 V
THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: <1 %
Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 250W x 1 @ 14.4V
Speaker Level Inputs: Yes
Preamp Outputs: Yes
Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
Bass Boost: 0 - 18 dB
Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: >95 dB
kx 200.4
RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 35W x 4 @ 14.4V
THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: <1 %
Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 100W x 2 @ 14.4V
Speaker Level Inputs: Yes
Preamp Outputs: Yes
Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
Bass Boost: 0 - 12 dB
Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: >95 dB
should the amps rms be slightly higher or lower than what the speakers are rated at?

Username: Fatryan

Post Number: 3
isnt it obvious? first, its always better to have speakers at 4ohms rather than 2. and youll get more wattage outta the 250 then the 200.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
obviously it isn't obvious, or else i wouldn't of asked. i wasn't even asking about ohms of the speakers. and that wasn't even an answers that reads like your just being a dick. the help from this website is much appreciated but that post was no helpand kind of rude. besides those according to those specs i can get more out of the kx200.4 if i bridge 2 channels @4ohms 100Wrmsx2 @14.4V than the kx250.2(@4ohms 85Wrmsx2 @14.4V). thank you.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
wouldnt it be better at 4ohms since it is less resistance?...just a question so dont jump down my throat.

Post Number: 9
well, actually, maybe if you listened to me, youd know that the resistence is a big factor. and also, i dont know how your getting that the amp is 35wrmsx4, but 100wrmsx2. that makes no sense. if you double the resistence, then the wattage is always doubled.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2941
"well, actually, maybe if you listened to me, youd know that the resistence is a big factor."

Saying that 99% of car audio component systems are 4 ohms, then you really have no choice but to run a 4 ohm load on the amp, so resistance isn't a factor because you really have no choice.

"i dont know how your getting that the amp is 35wrmsx4, but 100wrmsx2. that makes no sense."

The reason that the 4 channel amp put out 100x2 is because it is a bridged 4 ohm load, which combines the channels to produce 2 channels with higher power. The amp effectively "sees" a 2 ohm load, putting out more power.

"if you double the resistence, then the wattage is always doubled."

No, if you halve the resistance, the wattage is doubled, theoretically. In real life you have to have an extremely good amplifier to double it's power with half the load, this is because of losses due to inefficiency of the power supply. A 2 ohm load will allow the amplifier to put out more power because 2 ohms is less resistance than 4 ohms. It's one thing to be a dick, but it's another to be an uneducated one.

Angel, your best option is to get the Kicker 250.2, it's underrated and a very good amplifier. Bridging a 4 channel amp results in the effects of running a 2 ohm load on the amp, equalling more distortion, less headroom, lower signal to noise ratio, more heat in the amp, overall worse sound quality. The only benefit of the 4 channel is that it is a little cheaper.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
jonathan b*tch slaps ryan..haha. next time dont be such an a$$ ryan. i love it when someone thinks they are cool, and someone makes them look like a total douchebag by correcting them lol. he thought he was so smart until he read this post again lol. nice work jonathan.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
damn jonathan, does it hurt to have some1 swinging on you dick so much?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
"Saying that 99% of car audio component systems are 4 ohms, then you really have no choice but to run a 4 ohm load on the amp, so resistance isn't a factor because you really have no choice."

sure, 99% of speakers (not subs) are probably 4 ohm. but what im saying is that he'd have to have them running into the amp at a 2ohm load in order to get the 100w (or whatever it was). cause if the amp is 35wx4 at 4 ohm, then bridged its 100x2 (or whatever it is) @ 2 ohms. thats not good for speakers. its always best to have speakers run in at 4ohm. it usually wont hurt them, but it can affect SQ.

"No, if you halve the resistance, the wattage is doubled, theoretically. In real life you have to have an extremely good amplifier to double it's power with half the load, this is because of losses due to inefficiency of the power supply. A 2 ohm load will allow the amplifier to put out more power because 2 ohms is less resistance than 4 ohms. It's one thing to be a dick, but it's another to be an uneducated one.
"

its all in theory buddy. i said what i said in my last post assuming you werent an ameature.

"Angel, your best option is to get the Kicker 250.2, it's underrated and a very good amplifier. Bridging a 4 channel amp results in the effects of running a 2 ohm load on the amp, equalling more distortion, less headroom, lower signal to noise ratio, more heat in the amp, overall worse sound quality. The only benefit of the 4 channel is that it is a little cheaper."

youve contradicted yourself

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2957
"cause if the amp is 35wx4 at 4 ohm, then bridged its 100x2 (or whatever it is) @ 2 ohms."

The amp puts out 100x2 at 4 ohms bridged, meaning you are combining the channels together to boost power. 2 4 ohm speaker would go on the amp. You're shorting together the channels and combining them as one, which halves the impedance seen and the amp puts out the same power that it would if it saw half the resistance. SQ is the same as if the amp were run at 2 ohms, so yes a 2 channel running at 4 ohms would be better than a bridged amp running at 4 ohms. I never argued against that, hence my recommendation above.

"thats not good for speakers. its always best to have speakers run in at 4ohm. it usually wont hurt them, but it can affect SQ."

Speakers don't run in loads, they just see power. Amps see loads. Some amps are optimized for 2 ohms etc.

"youve contradicted yourself"
how is that?

Rob315
Unregistered guest
i aint swingin on anything....anyone can see that jonathan will put you in your place. your just some f*ckin moron who reads a bunch of articles on the computer and come here and try and pawn it off as your own, yet you cant even get it right. so either try and remember a little bit better or quit trying to help people cause all your doing is giving 50% descent answers and 50% b.s. cause you really dont even have a clue. and do me a favor would ya...

KILL YOURSELF!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
damn dude. its really sad how much you love jonathan. what are you like 12...13 maybe? why dont you back up all the bullsh!t you talk. what have you had to say in this thread?

"wouldnt it be better at 4ohms since it is less resistance?...just a question so dont jump down my throat."

are you a pro or something? cause you just sound like some dumb@$$ kid. if you know so much, why dont you give this kid some input instead of hanging out swingin on jonathans dick, like your some stupid little kid chatting on AOL...

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 17
I think Rob315 the Unregistered guest is just sayin that Jon made you sound dumb because your post sounded so cocky yet ignorant, not sure if he is on his dick, maybe you are?

Seriously, you should not post if you dont have anything relevant to say... just like this post here. I just like you to know that I'm laughing at you for sounding so dumb. have a nice day :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
thanx for the help jonathan. i'm going to go with the kx250.2 on your recommendation. you really do sound like you know what your doing...hint hint ryan. regardless if someone is an amateur or not, you still shouldn't be a dick. i can atleast atmit i don't know. instead of pretending i do and trying to give advise.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
wow. your all just a bunch of f*ckin pussys. i wasnt trying to be a dick...at first. you just all took it the wrong way. and by the way, i know this sh!t way better than any of you, so dont talk all this bullsh!t about knowing car audio unless you can back it up. ive been in the business for years. your all probably just a bunch of teenage kids who think they know what their doing. but screw this sh!t anyways. im just gonna go back to my old forum, where the members arent cocky @$$holes who love to swing on jonathans c0ck. peace!

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 23
Have a nice day :p
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us