A GOOD .5ohm stable amp that will take to alpine type x's to the max?? Any recomandations?

Username: Alpineblaster

Post Number: 9
Anyone one have any good suggestions for a good amp that is stable at .5ohms that will power 2 type x twelves 4 ohm dual voice coils that are rated at 1000RMS and 3000WattsPeak each so i was thiking something that will at least kick 2000RMS watts at .5ohms anybody got any ideas???

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2954
Look into US amps. They have plenty of powerful amps stable to .5 ohms.

Post Number: 10
thanks anybody else no any?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
those US amps are a little out of my price range but they are very powerful anything like that at a lower price range?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2955
There aren't many .5 ohm stable amps out there, honestly. Your best bet would be to get 2 mono amps that put out 1000W RMS at 2 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1032
If your sub is 4ohms DVC and you have 2 of them, how are you going to get it down to .5ohms?

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 18
yEAH, good question, ran together wouldnt that be an 1ohm load?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
thats what i thought but when i run them together and bridge them down to 1ohm mono it wont work it cuts off when the base gets to high maybe im doing it wrong
does anybody have a diagram or sumthin?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
no when i brigde it it wont work it goes down to 1 ohm becuase the speakers are running at 2 ohms each so it cuts it in half or sumthin if i had 3 subs it would work becuase the ohms would be 1.35 but since i have 2 it goes to .5 ohms

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2959
Yep, didn't even pay attention to that. It would be a 1 ohm load. Nelson, two 4 ohm DVC subs will create a one ohm load. An Eclipse DA7232 would be a good amp to run those subwoofers, two channel Class D amp, 1000W per channel at 2 ohms. Of course, it isn't really cheap either. How much can you spend?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
around 500-600
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us