Which amp to run

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 758
Going to be running an Image Dynamics IDmax 12"..... MTX 801D or Hifonics Brutus 1000D....at 2 ohms.....

which amp would be better, both are about the same in cost...

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 145
hey jeff, i tihnk MTX makes a better quality amp than hifonics. NOt downrating hifonics becasue i own 2 of them and they rock, but i tihnk the MTX would do better

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 34
Ya I like the brand Mtx better, just my appinion!

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 273
the mtx might be better for your setup. i think the purpose of the brutus' is to give consumers an option when it comes to power at 1 ohm, lots of power. even though they are overrated a little bit its not a bad price for a brand new amp. 249 is not a bad price for 1500 watts(supposedly) even if it was 1200 its still a pretty good deal.imo. its very hard to find a 1 ohm stable amp for that cheap. it may be a good amp thats for a daily driver. even though they may have fallen from there quality, they arent that bad of amps. imo. i know the cliche "you get what you pay for" and that is true, the hifonics are just a low budget alternitive. a good alt.( for new amps. i know that you can buy amps that are used or refurbed for the same price that have better quality.)but you take almost as much as a chance with used or refurbs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us