Sony R3300 -- beeps when ignition is turned off ??

Username: Jame248

NC

Post Number: 1
I just got a Sony CDX R3300 for my Toyota Echo last night. Haven't used it much yet, but the one thing that really bothers me is that when I turn the ignition off, the cd player beeps about 4 times (and it's pretty loud). The manual says it beeps when you don't take the faceplate off (for security). I'm never gonna take the faceplate off b/c I always lock my car. How can I keep the stupid thing from beeping every time I turn the car off? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. ~Jamie

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2828
Can't remember, but the owner's manual should tell you how to turn it off. Pioneers do this as well, and you set that through the function menu, but I'm not as familiar with the newer Sony HUs. I'm sure if you can turn it off, it'll be somewhere on the mode menu, either when the unit is on, or holding it when it's off.

NC

Post Number: 2
All I can find in the manual is this: "If you connect an optional amplifier and do not use the built-in amplifier, the beep sound will be deactivated."
Isn't there something else I can do?!

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 608
try contacting sony's customer service or try your local audio shop, i'm sure someone there would be happy to figure it out for you

Unregistered guest
I buy sony r3300 cd player but I don't recognize the menu button for select scroll title option?
Can u help me?

toddddaroony
Unregistered guest
i buy??you bought you mean?

NC

Post Number: 4
I asked a Sony rep how I could disable the beeping noise, and he said it cannot be disabled without adding an external amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us