Wiring dual4ohm x.x.x.

Bronze Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 84
i know everyones seen a dual voice coil. you got one set of conectors on side and the other on the opposite side, yeah, to get a two ohm load i would wire pos-pos and neg. to neg.,yeha? so my question is... can i wire the pos on one side and the neg on the ther side? you know to maximize equal wire lenght.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7197
wiring pos on coil 1 to neg on coil 2 would put the coils in series.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 165
Maximize equal wire length?

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 86
i'm sorry , i'll try my best...the coils will be wired parallel-pos-pos,neg-neg,however the wire that goes to the conectors ,you know ,where you hook up the wire from the amp to the conector outside of the box,this is the wire that i'm talking about. can i get one pos lead from one coil and one neg lead from the other to hook up to the connector that will be hooked up to the amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 69
Hey, did you build that ported box I recommended? If so , how'd it come out? Any pics?
Im not really sure what youre asking but heres all the info you should need for wiring your subs http://jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html#1dvcp

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 88
thanks eric, and know i didnt build that box.See I got F-150 Supercreww(4 doors)originally my plan was to remove one of the back seats to make room for the box.rather than taking one of the rear windows from a passenger( you know because of the box)I opted instead to make a box that would sit right in the middle allowing the rear pass. to use the window seats(with me?). its shaped in an "L" -with the long side runing from front to rear and the short side going down towards their feet. if you were sitting in the center seat the box would be in the shape of your legs,seated position.(get me)my plan was to make 4.5 cubes but came up short with 4.3,not too bad.I adjusted the slot port tunnig freq to 29 Hz(people here told 25Hz some said 27,28 30, so i just took the average.anyhow, the box is finished. i used 3/4" MDF and a 1" face,liquid nails at all the joints with screwws every 5" 's or so. inside I used silicone at all the joints and i also used "L" shaped metal supports for the joints/sides inside the box. it's still not in my truck though because the upholstory guy was supposed to get the leather roll for me today but didn't so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to cover my box in leather[to match my interior cool,huh?(remeber i told you guys i could get stuff very cheap,$25)]In the mean time i got my sub, X.X.X., in its original box kooked up to my amp just to break it in and my box is drying. i'll try to post some pics. the other day i tried to post some but i got a message saying they were to big or something and i couldn't make 'em " smaller ".don't know how.Anyways, i'll keep trying and i'll let you guys know how it sounds next to my brother in-law's 13W7. You guys said I would beat him. I'll be feeding my sub 1300w RMS:-):-):-):-):-):-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
I dont know if youll be able to beat a 13w7. It is probably the best sub on the market now short of a couple thousand dollar super sub. Box sounds really nice. It should look great in your truck. Good luck with the rest of the install.

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 90
!!!!!!!WWHATTTT!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody in here, to include GLASSWOLF, said i should beat a 13w7 with a 15" x.x.x......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 751
its all subjective, i could buy 6.5in midbass drivers and put them in the most perfect box and beat 90% of the people in my town...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
It really dpends on what kind of enclosure hes running I guess. It should be pretty close though. You might be able to beat a 13w7 spl wise, but all around I think he has you. what else would you expect from a $700 JL? Also, the 13w7 is a 13.5 inch but I have heard the ocne goes further than most so it acts like a 15. Not sure if theres any truth in this, but it is interesting.

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 92
oh fuck1ng great..... ok , we'll see what hapens in about two weeks when my sub is brken in and i'll let you guys know......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us