Help Please

Anonymous

I am deciding on a new sub. I want a sub with decent kick and some good low frequency extension. In other words good sq and pretty hefty spl. I have a 2400 watt RMS amp for the subs and it is 4,2,1 ohm stable. These are my choices: Diamond Audio TDX, IDmax, RE Triple X, Adire Brahma, or JBL GTi. I will be running two subs. Also, I have Infinity Kappas in my car now and lack in midbass, so I want a sub with decent midbass kick. Which ones should I go with? Thanx

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 163
The RE X.X.X is an SQL sub, the IDMAX is very very SQ oriented (haven't heard it myself, but everyone on here says it gets loud), Brahma is basically an X.X.X.
I'm guessing you really aren't looking for midbass through your sub, that's for sub frequences. ~80 and below. If you want extra midbass, throw some midbass drivers in the rear.
Also, what amp are you driving the subs with. 2400W should be plenty for 2 of any of those subs.

Anonymous

JBL BPx 2200.1. The reason I am wanting a sub with decent (not loud) midbass is that I had an Audiobahn AW1205Q Ultra Excursion Sub and it filled in the midbass quite well while still having great low extension. I know Audiobahn isn't a favorite here, but it got loud and still sounded decent while doing it. Unsurprisingly, enough though, most on this forum were right. My Audiobahn blew and their customer service stinks! So, then I bought an Orion H2 12.2. Although it was loud, it didn't get as loud as the Audiobahn, but it sure sounded better and lacked in the 80hz range. Then I got rid of that, and bought an RE MT 12" dual one ohm. THAT SUB IS CRAZY LOUD! But then another problem came. The MT is sooo loud with deep bass frequencies 50hz and below) and pathetic with upper frequencies (50hz and above). There is a frequemcy gap between my Kappas and MT. I built the enclosure myself according to RE's specs. My box is 2.9 cu. ft tuned to 35hz. What I am looking for a is a sub that is kinda like the Audiobahn, but with better build quality and some Midbass. I am hoping someone can recommend one of the subs I have selected or perhaps something better. Again, the next subs I wish to purchase must have good 80-90hz response.

Anonymous

Come on guys......NEED HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 302
subs arent designed for mid bass.. they are made to hit those low frequencies. if you have enough money to purchase 2 of any of the subs you listed above, im sure you can kick out a few more bucks for a nice component system and amp to run them. what kind of car are you working with?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 244
how much was your mt? try lookink into some eights or tens. they shoul fill that gap. 8w7 or the kodas.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 245
if you want to sale your MT im interested

Anonymous

hey hunter, I am planning on selling my MT, but not before i buy one or two other subs (can't roll around with no sub). i'm just tired of buying the wrong subs. As insane as it sounds, nuthing I have purchased so far has pleased my ears as the Audiobahn did, in terms of SPL and decent SQ.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 247
well i was thinking that if you want to fill that midbass you might look at some eights or tens. like the koda midwoofer or the 8w7. how much are mts?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 248
but if you want twelves i think the X.xx or the brahma or the id max might be right for you

Anonymous

i will take your advice, i got my 12" MT dual 1 ohm for 455 shipped, and I took good care of it. The MT is eardrum shattering!!!.....but not my type of bass.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 255
how much would you sell it to me for ( if you do) 455 is not bad. i want to be deaf before im 20 so that is the right sub for me. then i can use my brahma for sq :-)

Anonymous

if I do sell it, I'll sell it to u for 400, not including shipping. The MT is soooooo heavy, 405 oz magnet, and i think the total weight of the entire sub is around 65 lbs. (yes that's only a 12") Keep in mind that RE recommends at LEAST 2000-3000 RMS and it can handle 20,000 watt burps with a sensitivity of 92.1 db at 1w/1m!

Anonymous

How is the brahma in terms of kick? Should I look into that, or maybe be bold enough to buy it and try it. OR WILL I BE DISAPPOINTED? Keep in mind that i've heard an RE MT...hehehe No more screw-ups for me...it is costing too much money!!!!!

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 258
well i dont think it is as loud as a mt but it has great kick. and awsome sq too. i think it is a good investment...so is the re X.xx it is basically the same sub. God i want that sub even if i dont have the amp i can stare at it and fall in love. i would def. pay 400 for it email me if you do please!!!!!!!!!!!!hunterw86@yahoo.com
the only thing is it is hard to get a brahma, they are on back order from adireaudio.com till feb. but if you live near a dealer this may not be a problem. i have a 12 in a vented box, with only like 375 watts too it and i hit 137 at the dash, so i imagine it will easily put you in the 140 to high 140s pretty easy. i believe it will cure your midbass problem, and maybe a box with a higher tuning freq.

Anonymous

worry not bro....if i do decide to sell, u will be the first i contact. by the way r u aware of BL? That is, motor strength of a sub in tesla meters?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 261
ya kinda please clarify though, tell me more

Anonymous

well BL is the motor strength of a subwoofer. the higher the number, the stronger the motor. Here are some BL #'s for most common subs: Adire Brahma 15.9, RE Triple X 17.1, Orion H2 16.68 or 21.58 depending on coil config, Resonant Engineering MT 49.0

See the difference?? lol

The MT is built to take a beating and smile while doing it. hehe

Anonymous

well BL is the motor strength of a subwoofer. the higher the number, the stronger the motor. Here are some BL #'s for most common subs: Adire Brahma 15.9, RE Triple X 17.1, Orion H2 16.68 or 21.58 depending on coil config, Resonant Engineering MT 49.0

See the difference?? lol

The MT is built to take a beating and smile while doing it. hehe

Anonymous

one more...kicker solo x 27.6...sorry i had to throw that one in :-)

keep in mind that these are all 12"

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 39
49.0!!!!! HOLY SH*T...where is there a website i can see the stats on these and where is their "official" website? thanks alot

Anonymous

www.reaudio.com

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 262
thats it? lol. that is exactly the kind of sub i want. i to have my face melted off by bass. i need it. thank you if you decide to sell it. hell email me any way so i can get your email an ginda get a ballpark of how much shipping will be. thanks

Anonymous

i'll hit u up sumtime and we can have this arranged when i'm ready....might be sumtime though, cause i still need to buy me a sub (or 2) first....hehe...hopefully not a brahma..lol cause of the long wait. Plus, i am having trouble deciding on what to get grrrrr. I don't want to gamble with anymore expensive subs. The next sub i buy will be THE SUB, so i'll have to do much researching b4 finally buying. i'll contact u and keep u posted

Anonymous

look at getting a pair of JL 12W6v2. Probably one of the better SQ subs out there, but of course still hits pretty hard.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 263
i think the Triple x is a save and good bet. a wee bit better than the brahma but i dont think a long waiting list. and you know the service of them. probably the best bet, and maybe the best sub for the money. imo. the X is a better sq sub than the w6v2s and will hit hard too.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 264
im kidda glad that if you sell your mt that it wont be for a while...by then i think i will have enough money. do you use paypal? that will make it easy i think. where are you from?

Anonymous

well i have never used paypal, but if u say it will make it easy, i'll believe u. i am from NJ.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 265
oh...ive never used it either...i live in new mexico. shipping might be a lil bit.lol. i just hear it is easy, i dont even know how to use it.:-)

Anonymous

that makes two of us..... lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us