Jugernaut...

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 47
im planning on buying a 12 inch mmats jugernaut
1400 Wrms real world power!Custom cross-drilled forced air induction for maximum voice coil cooling.Quad stacked spiders to handle extreme excursion.3" diameter dual aluminum voice coil.
or a dreadnaut(1000wrms) what type of amp should i use to power these>>? and could i use the same custom box for my 12 inch mmats pro series for either of these?? thanks in advance...adam

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 225
how much are you looking to spend on an amp? i saw your box but i dont know how big it is? it needs to be pretty big. look at the specs of both and it should tell you the recommended box size.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 48
like around 300$,,,,

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 49
anyone know what i could power either of them with?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 50
there gotta be someone out there that know what would be a good amp for these subs????/lol

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 125
for the juggernaut i would have to say a hifonics 1500d and for the dreadnaut a hifonics 1000d. and for the box hunter is right it depends on the size of the box. Does it match the specs to the juggeranut or the dreadnaut

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 51
not sure havnt checked it out yet but u think i would have to upgrade my charging system...like get a new alternator....or should it be able to handle that much>,,,,

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 126
it depends on your ampere of you're alternator. How mny amps is your alternator

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 54
not sure all i know is that its a 1994 ford probe gt...how would u check the amps>>>/

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 128
at a local shop like pepboys or someshop of that sort. Did you buy it used or new, because if you bought it new than most likely it is a stock alt. So yeh to be on the safe side i would upgrade the alt. BUT you'll never konw until you get the alt. checked or until you install the system to see if the lights dim.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 55
do u have any idea what the price range is to to that(alt. upgrade)?...

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 233
like 150 up.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 58
kk thanx alot for the help guys...going to hockey now but will get back to ya on the updates...peace...

Bronze Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 77
hey killer i dont want to put anyone down here but i would try something else before settling down with the hifonics, either 1500 or 1000. i had the 1500 for 2 weeks and i'm telling you it sure didnt sound like it was putting all its advertised power.with the same sub and impendance, i tried the mtx 1501 and the infinity 1210a and these amps rocked the sh1t out of the hifonics!!!!!! Try other forums and asked around. i did a little research after buying mine. almost everywhere i checked people said that they don't put out all their advertised power...? all i'm saying is give other amps a try before settling down with the hifonics.its cool loking but thats about it. see ya.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 129
yeh tats why i reccommened the 1500d frp the uggernaut. THe juggernaut is 1400w rms. and the hifonics says its put out 1500 at 1 ohm which is over rated. SO i reccomended it because itll put out around 1200-up which is fine for the juggernaut to reach full potential
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us