Question about a sub?

X-Factor
Unregistered guest
I am working on my first car audio setup with a limited budget. I was wondering if there was anything drastically wrong with this sub and enclosure. I am referring to the MTX Single 12" Subwoofer SledgeHammer Enclosure, which uses the 5500 series subwoofer producing 300w RMS and a frequency repsonse of 38-150Hz. Keep in my mind I am just looking for a dependable speaker with some decent thump for an inexpensive cost. I can get this setup for $140. Any good input will be helpful as far as reasons not to get this, and if so another setup at a comparable price...?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 217
the sledgehammer boxes are not that good of boxes. poor design...imo. buy the sub seperate and then buy a custum box, it will sound better, vented, if you just listen to music and dont compete than get a box tuned from high 30s to mid 40s

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 218
the adire audio shivas is 125 but that is without a box, also the alpine type r all in the same range elemental designs ed11.k2 or something like that(i think that is what it is called)

yo yo
Unregistered guest
Yea man, go with a shiva or an alpine type r (hell even an S would be pretty good)... You can build a custom box for pretty cheap, and it's not that hard... Ebay even has some boxes farily cheap. You could spend 150 on ebay and get a lot better setup.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 220
you can get a box from http://bigdogcaraudio.com pretty damn cheap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us