Glasswolf.... could you please help me out?

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Post Number: 23
hi im purchasing 2 Alpine SWX-1242D Type X subs, my question is which amp(s) to get with them. im looking to spend 500$ max on the amp(s). i have 2 amps in mind but i am not sure if they would be good. The amps are 2 of the Hifonics BX1500D Brutus Class-D Series Mono amp or 1 Audiobahn A2300HCT 2 channel amp. i would like to purchase them from www.sonicelectronix.com, since im ordering the subs and a clarion DXZ945MP deck from them. could you please help me out!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7110
well, an ideal amp for those subs would be an Alpine MRD-1001 for each sub.
those are high excursion subs and they take a lot of power. That means good amps won't be cheap for them.
An alternative may be an Orion class D amp. They make several that have very high outputs.
remember to get the right sub coil setups to match the amp for the load you'll end up wanting too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
say i went with the 2 hifonics amps,
500 Watts X 1 @ 4 0HM
1000 Watts x 1 @ 2 Ohms
1500 watts x 1 @ 1 Ohms..... would it sound decent?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7117
yeah. get two dual 4 ohm coil subs.
that'll give ya 2 ohms on each amp. good power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
alright thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 319
if you dont have the money to buy a nice amp. only buy 1 type X and buy that one sub a nice amp. i may be wrong but 1 sub w/ the right power will sound better than 2 underpowered subs. also safer b/c you will be less likely to send the amp into clipping and tear your expensive sub up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us