WIRING AND OTHER QUESTIONS

Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 9
What should be the max distance from the capacitor to the amp? If it's longer what could be the problem? Does anyone know where i could find some good absortion material on internet (like brown bread or dynamat)? PS:Im in italy THANKS A LOT!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6692
try ebay for sound deadening materials.
find a seller who'll ship to Italy, or eMail one and ask them if they'll ship to you if you win the bid.
many will, if you speak to them personally first.

as for the cap, keep it as close to the amp as possible. the purpose of the capacitor is to reduce transient delay in current supply to the amplifier, so the closer the cap is, the less distance the current has to flow to reach the amp.
that's about as simple as I can put it.
a cap isn't a replacement for a high output alternator however and won't do anything to bolster a weak charging system.

Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 10
Thanks a lot for the advices. i dont wanna bother you, but do you also know where i will be able to find a HO alternator for my car? I have a mitsubishi eclipse 1995....because mine is only 90 amp and i dont think it's enough...Thanks again

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6706
in the US yes, but I have no idea in Italy where to find one.
try www.mralternator.com or www.4alterstart.com
see if they'll ship overseas.

Unregistered guest
I hooked up a new cd player in my car and I was wondering how I could get the volume controls to work on the steering wheel

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 323
http://www.pac-audio.com
They make adapters to hook up the steering wheel control.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7120
"Can my steering wheel controls operate my aftermarket radio?

No, you putz, of course not. Aftermarket steering wheel controls differ from car to car. In GM, there is an 8 pin harness that plugs into the back of the factory radio. Sony, PIE, and others make an adapter that will allow these controls to work with the Sony stereos which use the wired rotary controls. Many companies also make adapters which will translate the steering wheel controls of most cars to the programmed pulses of the remote, but you have to program them.

Ford's system uses a single wire and different voltages to signal the radio. This is very easily adapted to work with Sony's rotary commander wired input. See the white papers section at www.teamrocs.com for the R values for specific functions. You can either make your own adapter, or just build your own separate control panel. "

http://www.teamrocs.com/audiofaq/index.htm#steeringwheel

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us