Best Performance of my EQUIPMENT

Username: Thebsfactor88

Post Number: 1
i have a 4 ohm 600 watt kenwood amp, and i have been told its the best amp of its class cuz it almost always runs at its peak power of 600 watts...and i have 2 10 inch 4 ohm pioneer 500 watt woofers...could someone explain the best way to get a LOUD system, and explain why? someone told me to bridge them to 2ohm and that way i will get 600 watts to each woofer....but that doesnt make any sence...please explain

Bronze Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 14
are the subs single or dual 4ohm coils? how may channels is the amp? is the amp 2ohm stable?

Username: Thebsfactor88

Post Number: 2
yes their 4 ohm single voice coils and there are 2 channels, and i think yes its 2 ohm stable

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7105
ok, firstly, the sub and amp combination you have isn't ideal. you aren't going to get full power from the amp to both subs.
note the amp (any amp) only puts out full power at full volume. as you decrease the system volume, you also decrease amplifier output power.

With two 4 ohm subs, you'll need a mono amp to get full power @ 2 ohms (both subs wired in parallel.)
as ot stands now, the best you can do is 4 ohms stereo or 8 ohms bridged.
If you bridge the amp and wire the subs in parallel, the amp will see 1 ohm, and it will go into thermal protection.

sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7106
PS no amplifier always runs at "peak" power ratings.
"peak" or max power ratings are ficticious figures stating what the amp can supposedly put out for brief moments.
this is why we keep saying that RMS power values are the only ones that matter.
RMS is your "continuous full" output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us