JL vs Alpine

Anonymous

I am going to be purchising a system soon and I am debating which system would be louder? The first is (two 12w7's with one JL 1000/1 amp) and the second is (two 15 inch alpine type R's, with one audiobahn A8000t 800 watt amp). I was wondering which would be louder and sound better? Is there anything bad about either one? If so than what? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 104
Def the 2 12W7 subs

Bronze Member
Username: Djeter108

IN USA

Post Number: 58
here's a true story. two 12W7 w/ 2 JL 1000.1 (one to each) in the back of a blazer. two 15" Diamond Audio TDXs w/ 1 memphis amp(yes, 1 to both), not even the mojo (the step below) in an explorer. No joke, sitting in the blazer, i couldn't hear the guys subs, i could only hear the TDXs.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 71
I will always prefer alpine over JL... Just preference mainly.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 102
I have never heard the Apline type R's but I have heard that they are good SPL subs but if you want SQ then go with the JL's for sure!

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 275
If you got the money try the Type X's

Anonymous

The JL setup is better but you will be paying a ton more. For the money, I'd say the alpine setup is better.

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 26
I would think the JL stuff you mentioned costs a crap load more than the alpine subs and audiobahn amp you mentioned. I would decide how much you wanna spend, then compare stuff in the same price range.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
If you get the alpine type X's it will give the Jl a run for it's "money":-)
but just frum the 2 you said, go with Jl

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Alpine Type X will rock a Jlw7.

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 13
who ever said that the R types are more SPL than SQ has his information wrong I think. If im not mistaken I believe R types are known for their good balance between SPL and SQ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
The type R is a well balanced sub. Thats why I like em. Awesome quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us