Calculating cubic feet??

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 26
i was jsut wondering how i would go by calculating the amount of airspace(cubic feet) in my ported sub box....also i am planning on getting a new sub what type of sub is similar to the one i got....i have a 12inch mmats pro series 250watts...it pounds in this box with little power(300watts)...any help would be great.... Upload

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 349
height times width time depth divided by 1728. I think thats right. 1728 is the cubic inches in a cubic foot.
just measure the outside of the box subtract 1 and 1/2 per side and divide. 3/4 should be the thickness of the material that your box is made of. but measure that to be sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Shivvyman

Post Number: 27
Length X Width x Height

So if your box is 2 feet wide, 1 foot deep, and 1 foot heigh, you get 2X1X1= 2 cubic feet.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 27
thanx for the help...any ideas for the sub???

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
what kinda of auto and what is your budget?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 28
car???a 1994 ford probe gt...looking @ maybe seeling current amp and sub..prob jsut sub....and prob looking @ spending around 300-350$ mayb 400$ but thats max...

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
Mike that would be roughly it. If the dimensions you gave are outside dimensions, you have to subtract 1 1/2 inces per side, so in essence you would end up with 1ft 10 1/2 x10 1/2 x 10 1/2 which would be 2480.625 or 1.435 cuft. now subtract the amount of displacement for your sub. Let say .19 so with sub in the box you would have approx. a 1.25 cuft box.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 29
thanx....but im confusd i thought we were talking about the sub...i was jsut wondering which sub i should get int that range(300$-400$)
and similar to the power of mmats(current sub..)

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
well I would suggest the adire shiva. They are about $125 ea. I haven't owned a pair but I also hear a lot about the V max's
I personally run a pair of Earthquake tremors being pushed by 1200 watts. and like them alot, but I am also thinking about upgrading. No particular reason as to why, except that I can. LOL Makes the wife upset at times, but oh well.
There are a lot of good subs out there in your price range. Read some of the other posts, and go to a stereo store and listen. You know your type of music, and all of this stuff should be to your liking. Stay away from best buys and circuit city, the got junk, go to a good one.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
i was looking @ the ORION HCCA 12" SUBWOOFER, its selling for about $182canadian on ebay...600watts rms...any good?

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
they make a heck of an amp, but I haven't heard much good on their subs. check these out http://www.earthquakesound.com/tremor.htm

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 31
k...these onese any good??
Specifications
* 1000-W
* 12" cast subwoofer
* Single voice coil 4-ohm
* 2.5" voice coil, aluminum bobin
* MAX Power 1000 Watts
* 120 Oz double stacked magnet

MSRP
$218.23

whats the RMS?and what type of amp would be good to run this>Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
should be 500 as max is 1000. for the rms.

can't really vouch for the dbx I hven't had any. as I said I run a pair of the tremors which in my opinion is pretty much the same sub as this only shinier. And I really like my. I know they blew my audiobahns away.
that's wild!!!!!!!!!!!! was just looking at the picture, and it's stated to be a svc but that sure as hell looks like a dvc to me

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 32
not sure jsut going off the info on the site>
know any good amps to run this>>>
what u running yours with>>>

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
as far as amp goes, maybe the jbl600.1 if you are only going to run 1 sub. if 2 subs then the 1200. I can almost guarentee, they can take more than that. as I said earlier I'm giving them 600 each now, and a buddy who is checking them out is pumping 750 each to em, with no problems. But right now they are in a bandpass box, waiting to come home to a new ported.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 33
kk thanx alot man for the help...ill definatly check that stuff out and maybe it will work out good in my car...
killer44....

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
just note that those are 4 ohm subs. you can get a pair if money isn't 2 big a problem, and run them in parallel to get down to 2 ohms.

the tremors are 8 ohm, I run them to 4 and pushing them with a MA audio HK 897. Some people will say they are no good, but until they try it, then I don't listen. I have no complaints whatsoever about my sub setup. I just wanna go louder.

Have a good new years eve.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us