Best amp for alpine 12" subs

Mike Myrr
Unregistered guest
i have 2 12" 1000 watts 300 rms subs from alpine
they are both duel voice coils
i need help to find the best amp to power these subs.

also, would i need a 4channel amp because they are duel coil?

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 56
im asuming those are the type r's being 1000 peak
also did you get 2 ohm duel voice coil or 4 ohm dvc
you need a mono block amp im gonna run my 2 12" Rs with the Alpine MRD M1001, this will overpower them alot making them louder but it buts alot more strain on your subs and depending on where u buy them from and how good the warrenty is you may or may not wanna do that- keep in mine u dont have to have em full blast all the time ( i got mine from a local audio shop a&b sound they said dont worry about them blowing) if thats outa ur price range or u dont wanna overpower them like that you could get the MRD-m501 which gives 550 watts rms 275 per sub which alot of people do.. these are only alpine amps im listing there are lots of other amps out there that can be used ..the cool thing about these is if you have an alpine head unit(make sure its compatible) and u buy the adapter you can control the amp functions from your deck because there amps are digital.

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
i was told that you couldnt run the 1241D's with the MRD-M501, so be sure if you have those to look into whether or not they can be used togeather. i have 2 12" type r 1241D's with the MRD-M501 but i was told its useless with those subs until i get another one or decide to only run 1 sub. my only other option they said was to trade them for the 1221D's and it would work but i think im just going to bet another MRD-M501 and just run 1 to each. the birthsheet on the on e i have says 597.1watts, so i guess i plan on running 600watts to each lol. probably not the safest thing in the world but thats my only choice right now(and wtf it's gonna bump)

Bronze Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 60
blunt alpine amps are pretty much designed to run at 2 ohms eg. the mrd m1001 is 1000w at 2 ohms but when dropped to 4 ohms its 350w..and the mrd 501 that u have only gives 225 wats at 4 ohms and yeh u could run a 501 to each sub and just have some self control with the volume and u should be fine ive herd of people doing it before

Bronze Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 61
blunt alpine amps are pretty much designed to run at 2 ohms eg. the mrd m1001 is 1000w at 2 ohms but when dropped to 4 ohms its 350w..and the mrd 501 that u have only gives 225 wats at 4 ohms and yeh u could run a 501 to each sub and just have some self control with the volume and u should be fine ive herd of people doing it before

Bronze Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 62
whoops lol

Mike Myrr
Unregistered guest
well i do have 1221D subs, so that would be fine to run both of them with the MRD-m501 amp and it would sound good?

Bronze Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 63
yeh it should the amps gives closer to 600w rms to

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
self control? whats that?..lol...yeah i plan on being pretty careful with it just so i dont waste my money and then i plan on just selling the 12's and gettin 2 15's(type r) and using the 501's on them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us