Any1 know about the JL 8w7s? what can they be compared to?

Anonymous

i was just wondering what peoples experiences and opinions are with the 8w7. i was wondering when hooked up to a 250/1 what it could be compared to in loudness. what are some more common subs that it is as loud as or louder than? and what capabilities does it have for spl in a sealed box made to the specifications of JLs site? let me know what ya think i'll greatly appreciate it thanks.

Username: Heythisisjim

Post Number: 2
the jl w7 does not compare to any common subwoofer.
period.
the w7 is the best sub on the market and is equivalent to 3 12" subs when matched up with a 250:1 or a 500:1 amp depending on size and number of subs.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 344
i wouldnt go as far as saying that JL W7's are the best subs on the market,but they are great subs. they just are'nt the best. what about RE and Adire Audio and Image Dynamics or Eclipse?

Anonymous

im talking about an 8 inch woofer tho not an RE or w/e... what are some 12 or 10 inch woofers that compare to its loudness?

or..

how do they rank to a kicker L7 or a p2 or p3 punch or others..

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2898
"the w7 is the best sub on the market and is equivalent to 3 12" subs when matched up with a 250:1 or a 500:1 amp depending on size and number of subs."
And you base this on what, something someone told you? Get your facts straight, I've heard too many people say things like that. There are thousands of great acoustic engineers out there and people tend to neglect this and act like Jesus came down from heaven and put his hand on the W7 and blessed it. It's a subwoofer, JL didn't create magic with it, all subs have the same design principles, and the SQ and SPL is directly related to it's motor structure and suspension compliance, just like every other sub that came out of manufacturing. It's a great sub, but it doesn't make others obselete either, JL Audio isn't the only competent audio company out there. There are plenty of subs out there that will be equal to or better than the W7 in SQ and SPL, and be cheaper at that.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 347
thank you Jonathan, thats what im tryin to say.
o yeah, anonymous, i dont know about the 8, havent had one or heard one in a long time, just didnt want you to be mislead by that other dude saying that JL was the greatest. Try eclipse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us