4 ohms 2 ohms 8 ohms? HELP!

justin case
Unregistered guest
i have 2 jbl 12s rated @ 4 ohms 120 rms 480 max when the amp says for example 300w times 2@4 ohms would that mean i get 300w per sub and the 4 ohms means its right ohms for my subs? and i also heard that a sealed box requires more watts to power? what would you advise in this situation? how many channels?mono block?

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 31
Are you sure the 12's are only rated for 120RMS? That seems pretty low to me. And yes the amp would be right for your subs (ohms wise that is).
I've always preferred sealed enclosures...I think they sound tighter and they take up a lot less space.

justin case
Unregistered guest
that is what it says on the back of the speakers is that bad? does that mean thats all they can handle rms wise? so i could not use an amp that puts out 250w rms times 2 @ 4 ohms? is there anything you could recomend? anything else i should be aware of?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
What's the model number of your subs? You could use an amp with that power rating in a sealed box...just turn the gains down a little from the optimum setting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
You must have the S1250W's? Unless you can trade them in on something that'll handle a little more power then I would suggest that you do as I said in the last post. If the amp has a subsonic filter I would use that to and set it at about 35Hz...all you can do is try it and see if the subs can handle it.

justin case
Unregistered guest
yes thats what i have the s12w50s what kind of amp would be optimum for these speakers can you make any suggestions?thanks for your time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us