Amp problem

Username: Marleygong

Post Number: 1
Im new to amps but im pretty comfortable hooking them up although a friend of mine gave me an amp (a power acoustik 0v4-600) its not great but it will power a couple of subs i have. My problem is that after i hooked all the wires up to the amp its not working. When i turn my accesories on the protect light comes on (red) and then turns off after a couple of seconds. I assume the green light should come on and stay on.Please help.

Anonymous

CHECK ALL your connections, and then double check them again, maybe some wires might be touching each other at the open end, if so seperate them, if that doesnt work, maybe its the amp

Anonymous

CHECK ALL your connections, and then double check them again, maybe some wires might be touching each other at the open end, if so seperate them, if that doesnt work, maybe its the amp

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 92
try the connections then try the amp with the speaker wires disconnected. If it doesnt go into protection then your speakers are wired wrong somewhere reversing the polarity and whalla! if not make sure there isnt a cut in the power wire and its not grounding out somewhere or touching the ground at the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us