Hey Yall How did your self carpeted boxes turn out?

Devon
Unregistered guest
just got done with my box for a single 12"...1.25 cu ft sealed... i went to lowes and got some 3/4"by3/4"x4ft angle aluminum and covered all the edges of box looks sweet kinda rugged...just trying to give some ideas for those who arent good at carpetting boxes the christmas present way. the aluminum covers up all the staples and seams. you could even paint the angle aluminum

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 52
thats cool il try that with my box
i made a sub box for 2 12's isochambered and i wraped it in black vinyl with spray adhesive but the edges look ruff i bet that would clean it up

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 343
nice idea. Wonder what that would look like covered in leather with the angle aluminum. or even steel as far as that goes, made to look old. Hmmmm ideas are comin to mind now. starting to get a new idea for the van.
Thanks Devon.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 668
i still say somebody glue pennies around the box on all side except the bottom and back, glueing pennies on stuff rules...or duct tape the hwole thing...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6925
no way.
just build a box for a pickup and hammer beet bottle caps into the whole entire box.
that'd be sweeeet.

it'd match the door frame of the doublewide!

Devon
Unregistered guest
it looks awesome you can even get some steel wool and give it the brushed look...

Devon
Unregistered guest
some tips on it use a hack saw to cut it dont attempt to use snips..and also use the plastic guide used to cut trim so you get perfect 45 degree angles and pre drill holes before you screw it on...one more thing before you drill holes in it its better to take a nail and hammer and make a dent so the bit starts and doesnt run all around the aluminum.

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 54
i have a bunch of shell casings i picked up from a gun range too hmmm

Devon
Unregistered guest
maybe you could cut them so you only have 1/4 inch from the back..then glue them on to mounting screws of subwoofer.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 302
or you could just leave it wood and carve out designs in it with ur whittlin knife.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 303
or cut up bud light boxes and tape them on the whole box. ive seen hats made like that. good ole country boys

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 406
heres another.....lol

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 115
datz tight work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums