Eric, got a question for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 27
Eric, I noticed you mentioned in a thread that you have 2 12" V-Max subs. I also have a Tahoe and am considering those same subs. How did they sound and what amp are you using to power them? Thanks, Paul

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 259
Hey paul sorry didnt see this earlier,

I was using 2 12" vmax's in a 4 cube enclosure with a diamond shaped port running off a 6500D mtx amp

It was really really loud the sq wasnt amazing but I would characterize it as good it was a 99 sport tahoe so the box had to be made to fit since the spare tire takes up a lot of the back

If you want a loud system for a decent price I would say you cant really beat the one I had

If you are interested get some
4 gauge wire off knukonceptz for about 39 bucks
2 12" vegas off ebay for about 160
and the 6500D can be had on ebay for 100-120 most times

that puts you a little under 400 with shipping, then build a box and put in the amp and assuiming you have a head unit you are in business for not much cash at all without needing a 250 amp alternator etc etc

although those upgrades wouldnt hurt

If you are curious about the vmax's I would say spl they are equal to the W3v2 but the sq on the W3 is a little better

Bronze Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 29
Eric, thanks for the information. Have you heard any other subs in Tahoe's or equal vehicles. I currently have 2 10" Kicker comps which I have to say are disappointing. I figure with the huge airspace inside the vehicle that I need to move up to 12" subs. I was also considering 2 Alpine type R subs. Have you heard these before? Thanks for the advice.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 260
The Alpine Type Rs sound similar to the vmax's in a tahoe but not quite as loud

I have heard all sorts of systems in tahoes and yukons by far the best it an eclipse 15 ti pro running 3000 watts but it was also the most expensive

Bronze Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 30
Erik, If you were going for the hardest thumping subs which would you choose. V-Max or Type R?

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 265
V-Max for sure, they will get plenty loud. If you only care about spl then try two vmax 15's it will get very very loud.

Type R is not a bad sub at all, i bought one for my girlfriends car, but the vmax packs more punch
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us