Blueprint 1503 anyone know about these subs? (Glass)

Silver Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 103
I was on acoustic-visions webpage and they had Blueprint subwoofers that look relly nice. i was wondering how these drivers stand up to brahmas and X.X.X's. i would just like more info from anyone who has exsperience with these. and the price of these subs is just amazing... but thats if the quality is good? any help!

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/blueprint/

Go there to see what im looking at

Silver Member

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 104
Help?

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
never heard of them....but im deffinitely going to be looking in on them cause there nice as h*ll.

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 23
yeah X.X.X.'s would tear these apart...i dont like how these subs look either...they will be compared to like a 10 or 12 inch comp vr...but no where near a X.X.X.

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 54
Uhh...Blueprint makes some good subs actually.
Theres is no way Id compare one to a fricken
comp vr...thats for sure.
things have almost 26mm of xmax...
Id be surprised if a comp vr did half that.
great subs for the money...definately.

Silver Member

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 105
Wow.. now i know if you compare a comp vr to one of these your a true n00b...i was just hoping for some input from glass or john...

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 29
well first off.....help i know you know this stuff way better than i do but honestly i dont think these subs look that great...i guess id have to hear it...yeah its got huge wattage...but it doesnt seemt aht great of db when you compare its wattage to its db...i mean...the comp vr's are like 250 watts rms and this is like 1000 watts rms and both have near 90 db...i honestly dont see why the blueprints are any better..please tell me why

Anonymous

IMO if you want to compare it to the compvr. The Vr has 11.5 mm one way and the bluebrint has 25.85 but we'll say 26. THe BL of the two are just about the same. So if you add 1 more compvr, due to the surface area and xmax it should move as much air as 1 blue print. SO

2 compvr 12's = 1 blueprint 1503
1 blueprint 1503=240+shipping
-2 comp vr = 170 shipped
so in over all you save around 70 dollars buying the compvr's while you will put out the almost the same amount of spl. And for the sq i dont think anybody heard the bluprints play but the vr's have good sq.SO the vr's take my vote. And plus if you go ahead and upgrade to the 15" inch vr's youll beat out the blurprint, still saving more money

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2872
1) db is a reading done at 1 watt/1 meter. Don't confuse sensitivity with efficiency. Every time you double the power, you add 3 db, so if your efficiency was 90db at 1 watt, then 2 watts would give 93db, , 4 watts would give you 96 db, etc. Since the Blueprint gets more power, it'll be louder because it gets 4x the power of a comp VR, equalling around 6 db more. BUT, you can't rely on sensitivity to guess SPL. Once you put the sub in an enclosure in a vehicle, with the amount of power required, results will vary greatly.
2) "The blueprint doesn't look good"
Neither does the Adire Audio Shiva. People have come too dependant on looks for their audio equipment, especially in the car audio field. Nearly all the high end drivers you see aren't "pretty", the higher you get, the less you're paying on looks and the more you're paying on build quality and material quality.
3) To answer your question Audionoob, I've heard the older Blueprint drivers and they have great SQ, while giving good SPL. I don't think you'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't quite put them in Brahma, X.X.X. territory.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2873
And by the way anonymous, theoretically you'd have to have 2 15" Comp VRs to match the output of the Blueprint drivers since the excursion is only half. Two 12s would still fall short.

Anonymous

thats what i said. i said the 12's would almost match the output of spl and at the end of what i wrote i said if you get 2 15" comp vr's you beat the blue prints

Silver Member

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 106
Thanks john/glass you slimed down my choices of what driver to get!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us