Problem..

aabbcc
Unregistered guest
alright...i was driving down the road today and i noticed that all of a sudden one of my subs stopped hitting..so i pulled over, popped the trunk, and noticed that one of the subs was still pounding away, but the other one was making a high pitched whine noise, and wasnt moving hardly at all. so i was like great, i think its blown...so i took the sub out of the box, and i noticed when i pulled the sub out, the negative connector on the back of the sub had come loose. could having the negative connection on the back of the sub coming loose cause the sub to blow? or could it have damaged the amp? im hoping its not the amp...anyone know which one it probably is?

Unregistered guest
if the negative connector comes loose it shoodnt damage the sub or amp at all. if the negative touched the live while it was loose youd have a short circuit which could damage the amp, because masses of current would be drawn from it. i suspect this is what has happend. in which case your subs should be fine but ur amp may be damaged. it could be that youve just blown a fuse, so try replacing the fuses first

aabbcc
Unregistered guest
but it didnt touch it because the other connector was still connected. what if the positive came out, and the negative was connected?

aabbcc
Unregistered guest
i guess i should try just connecting the working sub to the channels that the non working sub was on? and if it does the same thing that the other sub did, then its the amp, and if it works fine then its the sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us