$200 Sub(s)- please help

Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 9
Whats up guys, in my car right now im running 2 12" alpine R Types, and they are doing alright, However, I have recently come across an extra $200, so what I'm wondering is, are there any 2 subs, or even 1 sub, I could get for $200-$220 shipped that would do better overall then the R's? They would be running off a 1600w Boss amp, which of course, is over rated, at 2 ohms it pushes 300w to each sub, im not sure about other ohms tho, thanks to anyone who can help me out.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Just som dumb input, but I have found a Jl 12w3 for $180 on the internet. Can't remember the website sory.

Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 10
buy a better amp.

Post Number: 10
I never did understand why idiots feel they have to reply to everything with a smart a$$ comment. Sorry josh, I hate to disreguard your knowledgeable input, but I didn't ask anything about my amp, I asked about different subs I could by. So if you have a relevant answer, feel free to comment, otherwise refrain from making senseless posts that are sure to make me dumber for reading them.

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 22
Probably pretty good advice tho man. I have a friend who has two 12" type R's and he powers them with a sony amp and they sound like crap, compared to what they should sound like at least.

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 11
well dustin seeing as tho u asked so nicely. i would suggest 2 kicker comp vrs. $150 including postage here is a link for ya
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777%26item%3D5740421187 %26

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 266
go with type Rs over the kickers just get a decent amp like alpine or mtx that wont cost too much

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 299
yea i would also say get a new amp. maybe a kicker/alpine/mtx. they coulda probably all be found for abour 250 if you get them decently priced. get a 600watt amp @ 2ohms. are your subs dual 2 i suppose?

im2hi2Bwrong
Unregistered guest
I CANT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE STILL WANT TO HELP THIS A$$HOLE...F*CK HIM!!...BUY A COUPLE BOSS SUBS TO MATCH YOUR AMP DOUCHEBAG.

Anonymous

Josh is right. If you are trying to improve your system, upgrading the subs will not make a noticable difference. Your problem is with the amp. Get a MTX801d or kicker kx600.1. This is the best way to improve your system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
the reason i made that post is because i know this is not a high quality amp, I have the getting a new amp situation under control and am well on my way to finding one. It was the subs i didnt know about.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2889
Really, you'll need to save up a little more if you want better all around subs. $200 isn't going to do wonders honestly, if you were to sell your subs for a decent price THEN add $200 to that, it would be a different story. As far as the amp, I recommend upgrading it, of course, but I wouldn't buy something until you've decided what kind of subs you want to run in the future, that way you can match impedance, etc. well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I know what I could get for my present subs and box wouldnt be alot, but i was just curious as to if there was something out there i could get for the same price that would do better, thanks tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us