JL 15W3

Bronze Member
Username: Hydro

Post Number: 84
I need a little help finding a couple of these I searched Ebay but had no luck and my computer has been very slow lately if anyone could help me find 2 15W3s the older ones I would really appreciate it.

Bronze Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 100
go to the main JL audio website and search for dealers around your area...JL doesnt authorize internet sales, so i wouldnt bother unless you gert it directly from JL audio

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1007
He's looking for the older model 15W3s, which he'll only find used.
Thus eBay won't make a difference really, so Hydro, your best bet is just to watch eBay for a set to pop up, and google for used ones for sale.
You may hit a forum with a for sale section listing a set.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 105
o my bad heh i gots to read stuff better heh

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
Gotcha

Username: Amplifierhelp

Post Number: 2
wiring 2 4homs sub to make 2ohms. Each rated at 350rms each, and connect it to a 300rms amp that give 300rms @2ohms will each sub get 150rms or 300rms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
150 watts to each subto answer question,wiring 2 Single Voice Coil 4 ohm subs in parallel will give you a 2 ohm load now if they are 2 Dual Voice Coil 4 ohm subs wired in parallel you will get a 1 ohm load.But if the amp says 300x1@2ohms then its 300 watts of power goin to one channel where if it said 300x2@2ohms (2-channels)then you could give each sub 300 watts Rms.

Username: X43

Post Number: 3
don't knowif you found them yet but here's a link to two 15" W3s dual 4 ohm vc $199 buy it now price with $54 shipping and handling
could someone answer a question for me?
which would probably be better a rockford 3115 or a jl 15" w3?
The rockford takes about I think 600 more rms and the jl does but....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1054
don't go by power handling alone.
sometimes more power just means less efficient, not louder.
Compare the Xmax of the two subs.
that'll tell you how much air they'll move going back and forth at max volume.
the surface area would be equal sinec both are 15"

Bronze Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 90
ppl get 15's cuz it hits lower or cuz of the increased spl with more surafce area?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1061
both.
15" subs have a lower Fs, so they will sound as if they play deeper, with more resonance, and they often have higher SPL due to the greater surface area, but the trade off is that they are not as fast or accurate because of the increased mass.

For this reason I prefer to stick with 12" or 13" subs for the combination of speed and deep bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us