What HU from CC?

Username: Jeffknob

Post Number: 1
I have been out of the car audio world for a little while so I need some advise. I have been into the home audio stuff more for a while now. The stock radio/CD player in my 98 Honda Civic EX coupe is not working well anymore so I am looking at a replacement. My family is getting me gift certificates to Circuit City (I know local car audio shops are better but CC is everywhere and they can get gift cert. instead of cash) so that I can replace it. I am also replacing the front speakers with the Polk 6.5 coax. I am not willing to go all out with a replacement because I am planning trading this car in within a year. I am expecting about $240 total of which $100 is spoken for for the speakers. With the remaining $140 and maybe a little more from me I was hoping to get a decent CD player and install accessories. I will probably have the install shop install the radio b/c I heard there is something weird with the keyless entry and the stock radio. My question is what cd player brand/model would people suggest? I have had a pioneer about 8 years ago and it worked well but companies change so they may suck now. I have heard Alpine was good.

I need a cd player that is decent quality that has a powerful internal amp. I realize that two companies can say they are 50x4watts and in reality neither put out 50x4 watts but I want the one that will put out the most clean power.

Thanks for your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us