Not loud enough?

Username: Road_runner

Lexington, SC USofA

Post Number: 1
First post, been lurking and learning awhile. Been away from the car audio hobby for about twenty years but have been wanting back in for awhile now.

I have a 2000 Jetta and recently upgraded my factory Monsoon system. First, I swapped the HU for a Sony mid-level featured cd/mp3 player. Then, added a Treo Engineering 12" DVC sub running 800 watts @ 2ohm via a Kenwood Excelon mono amp. The sub's in a sealed box in my trunk pointed towards the rear. I'm very pleased with the bass, both volume and oomph.

The problem is my front stage. I just installed a pair of 6.5" MD Quart Premium Series PSD-213's running off a 240 watt 2 channel Audison amp. So, I'm sending 120 watts to each MB Quart. The volume level is disappointingly too close to my old factory Monsoon speakers that only had 20 watts going to them from the Monsoon amp.

When I started this upgrade, I wanted VERY loud and VERY clear mids and highs with tight, hard bass. I've got what I want from the sub/amp combo. The MB Quart/Audison front stage combo is a dissapointment.

Shouldn't this combo produce a pretty strong, clear front stage?

Username: Road_runner

Lexington, SC USofA

Post Number: 2
sorry.....correction...those are MB Quart PSD-216's, not 213's

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6763
you really need some patience before posting this in multiple threads.
not all of us read the forums every 30 minutes :-)
you're actually lucky I even checked in twice in one day tonight to see this in the amplifier section.

I answered it there. hope it helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us