Askin for help about Audiobahn

Username: Eclipse2005

Post Number: 1
Hi i have some problems with audiobahn.Im in italy so there's nobody who got audiobahn in here. I have a A3651 head unit, A2300HCT amp, AWIS15P sub, 1 Farad capacitor. The sub is a quad2ohm and i wired it series-parallel.Is it correct?I have the remote bass controll that turns red whenever I turn the volume really up. I need help because I'd like to get the best SPL possible.How should i wire it to the amp? how should i set the gain and the other controls? Thanks a lot! An Italian Audiobahn Fan

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 325
that is a kick azz sub.
i think your on the right track with your wiring, series the four vc's to 2 4ohm coils, then parallel the 2 back down to 2 ohms mono. 2ohms mono would be equivelent to running the amp at 1ohm stereo. unfortunatly, if my memory serves me correctly, i think that amp really humps at 1/2 ohm, but with your set up i think you'll be very happy anyways. btw, those subs like huge ported boxes. good luck with your system, let me know how it sounds, l8r

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot, the box i made is 3.5 cuft and i used two ports 3.5inches diameter and 8.7 inches lenght. Do u think they are too small? Coz on the specific they were talkin about 4 inches diameter and 15 inches lenght or something like that....I tried to tune it to 37Hz but i think this sub works higher. And the battery I have is a Exide Deep Cycle 900Amp crunkin.What do u think? Maybe it's just the shape of my car (a mitsubishi eclipse) that isnt not good for DB Drag competition...:-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
remember quad coil woofers count as 2 woffers in db drag. also, i'll do some checkin up on a box for your car, i know a couple people that compete with eclipses, jeff sanford is one of them. what year is it also.

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 3
Mine is a 1995 eclipse (it is 1997 european version) but it's like the american one. Can u hook me up with box dimensions? So that means i race in Street C? 1 quad= 2 15"woofers? I'll appreciate any help you can give me. Im tryin to bring some american style here in italy LOL...should i change the alternator?Coz i have the standard 90amp one...THANKS A LOT

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Man that is a kick a$$ system, wish I had that setup. You should really blow them away with the audiobahn's. Good luck.

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 4
I thought that too when i bought all that stuff, but im not satisfied, i think when i built the box i made some mistakes....coz it should kick a$$es for real but it dont work as i thought...so i hope someone can help me with box dimensions and amp level settings....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/2004/matrix.html

also, i'll get u those dimensions, just give me a day or so, gotta talk with some friends who have eclipse. i'm positive your gonna need alot more port area though. we'll talk soon

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 5
Thanks a lot for the site...imma check it now! And thanks for what u doing, in here they use the manual to repair my car coz they never saw one lmao...do u need the specific of the sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
i know the sub, also i'll get u box dimensions soon. :-) i'm not sure if the amp has enough in it but i know that we can get your car to a 150 with that one sub.

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 6
That would be amazing!!!!!!!! :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
still waiting for a phone call, just need to know what your car's exact resonant frequency is at around 150db, i think its close to 60hz, but not sure, after i know for sure i'll design a box and give you dimensions, e-mail me so i can e-mail you back after i get it done.
zacdavis@sbcglobal.net

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 300
What auudiobahn sub is that?? The alluminum q???

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 7
no it's the 15" inches Immortal Series

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 303
Ok thx :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
i havent forgotten about ya, its comin. i got your e-mail, i'll write back by the end of this week, l8a bro.

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 8
THANKS A LOT!!!!! TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED! THANKS AGAIN. DO YOU THINK DD IS A LOT BETTER THAN AUDIOBAHN?

Bronze Member
Username: Bassfreak596

Post Number: 55
definitely !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us