Which component set??

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 41
i was looking into buy a component set and was wondering which one i should go with. i have it narrowed down to 3 choices: adire koda's, mb quart premiums, or kappa perfects. if anyone has any input, general advice, or other suggestions in the same price range please let me know. thanks in advance. one more thing...does anyone know anything about the RE component sets? how they compare to the others? price? anything? thanks again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
anybody have some input?? anything at all?

drunken_sloth
Unregistered guest
as far as i know adire stopped maiking the koda components. I was planning on getting them this past christmas break but I was told they didn't have them anymore. I picked up a jl audio 3 way component set instead but haven't installed it yet. no clue as to quality comparison though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
thanks sloth. thats disappointing because i was leaning towards the koda's. i guess i'll keep lookin.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3099
You can still get the Kodas. http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/speakers/car_audio/
Adire might have meant that they were on backorder or something similar, the Kodas are still on Adire's website, to my knowledge they're still produced. scab, it's totally subjective, all are great components. It depends on what you're looking for as far as the sound of the drivers. The Kodas are some of the best components you can get for stock speaker locations, they were designed for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
thanks jon. i have a 99 grand cherokee limited and right now i have the stock 6X9 in the front door and kappa perfect tweeters in the dash. i wasnt sure of the placement of the component set just yet. any advice as to where to place that would be great. as for choosing which set i really cant decide. i think someone had told me before that the koda tweeter wasnt as bright as the other two. but considering i have a kappa perfect tweeter in my car now...maybe im used to a bright, strong tweeter? i dont have a way of hearing a "softer" tweeter, the store near me only has mb quart and boston acoustic. so maybe i should lean towards the quarts or perfects? any input would really be great, thanks.

Anonymous

Adire is revamping their line, big changes are coming. Unfortunately, this leaves you hanging a little bit. I don't know if the Koda components will still be around or not. I assume so, but I wouldn't bet on it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
so depending on whats happening with the koda's, which set does everyone think i should go with out of the remaining 2: mb quart premiums or kappa perfects? any input would be great, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3111
Adire may be upgrading the Koda set, maybe a midbass driver similar to the Extremis, but optimized for the car. Or at least that's wishful thinking :-). As far as the choice in components, the MBs are a little softer in the midrange than the Perfects are and offer a little better midbass. The Infinities are all around more accurate IMO, but some people consider them to sound tinny (it's all in the install). The Adire Koda tweeter is softer than the others, I'd compare it to the JL Audio XR tweeter, being a metal tweet that isn't as harsh as some others, but still softer than the XR tweeter. If you love the Infinity tweets you have, you'll definately like the component set.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
thanks jon. aside from the koda's i was leaning towards the MB's. this is pretty much because it is the only set i can hear first hand (the store near me only has mb's and boston acoustics). they sound pretty good to me and from what i read here, the infinity's would be very similar, i think. if im wrong on that please let me know. and if u think i should switch and go with the infinity's, or even the koda's if i can still get them, please let me know.

Himpalapotamus
Unregistered guest
Adire audio's webstore lists the koda components
http://www.adireaudio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AA&Produ ct_Code=1201
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us