Speakers crackle once Bass hits

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 126
My speakers were just working fine, Played good on all volumes but for some reason now once the bass hits all my speakers will crackle, I cant rise the volume about 8(goes up to 100 and I usually play it on around 50-60) What could be the problem? A friend told me it could be a loose wire, could this be possible? I took the headunit out and checked the wires but they looked fine.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 127
The speakers cant be shot can they? They sound good at 8 but any higher they crackle, I can't see both my front and back speakers dieing at the same time though. If anyone can help that'd be great.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 175
Well, if those are midwoofers and you're not cutting off the lower frequencies(especially if your headunit doesn't have the feature to do so), then it is entirely possible that the speakers are damaged from the bass. I would check the speakers first.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 128
Their just regular 2,3 way speakers, Still possible?

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 129
Well, They work fine now for some reason. Went to listen to them, They still crackled. So I disconnected the one rear speaker and put another one on to just test the one rear side. worked fine, reconnected the speaker that was crackleing and that worked fine too. Weird thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us