Subwoofer dillema

Username: Psychon

Post Number: 1
Hey, does anyone know anything about the DLS MW10's? Im looking to buy a sub that can fit into the rear side panel of my Mazda Tribute (I cant sacrifice the space for a box). My installer said i can only go with an 8 inch, 10 max without completely cutting up the panels. What other brands do you suggest? My budgets around $250-300. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 584
just a thought but you could get an Infinity basslink pre amplified sub, one of those should fit under your drivers seat or your rear seats for that, they are very versatile, and have desent putout for the price and for its size/power. You wont shaking your mirrors but you'll get the fill you're looking for...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6630
well, its a bit bit for under a seat, but it won't take much trunk space really.
this is a basslink X in a grand cherokee:

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Post Number: 18
yeah...jeff is right...also...to suggest good smalll subs...the 10 inch kicker comp vr's...the 8 inch jl's...the 10 inch eclipse ti...you can get any of those pretty cheap on ebay if you look hard enough...but the amps will run you a little more...

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Post Number: 19
yeah...jeff is right...also...to suggest good smalll subs...the 10 inch kicker comp vr's...the 8 inch jl's...the 10 inch eclipse ti...you can get any of those pretty cheap on ebay if you look hard enough...but the amps will run you a little more...or maybe even a bazooka tube

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6632
the thing is, the basslink is about $200. $50 more for an amp wiring kit and any adapter he may need for using an OEM head unit if required.
subs like the Eclipse are going to go over his budget before he even gets to the box and amplifier for them.
plus the basslink is a small self contained solution.
it offers a 10" sub with 10" passive radiator.
works very nicely, too.

Username: Psychon

Post Number: 2
Many thanks for the advice guys! I really want to install the subwoofer inside the panel as there is an existing space within it which currently houses an OEM subwoofer which i plan to replace. Anyway, will the basslink be good for a primarily SQL system with a decent amount of SPL? Im running DLS IRIDIUMS (powered by a bridged kicker zx460) upfront and DLS coaxials (powered by a kicker zr120) in the rear cabin. And ill be using a kicker dx350 (350 watts rms at 2-ohms) to power whatever sub i decide to get. Oh, and im using a pioneer deh-p860 headunit. Will the basslink be the best choice and match for my system? If not, what else would you suggest? Im willing to spend up to $350 for the sub alone. Thanks again in advance!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us