Help with Mach 460 system/Kappa Perfect

Sandy
Unregistered guest
Have a 99 Mustang vert daily driver with the Mach 460. I had a local stereo store add a sub and amp years ago. Not sure how it's set up though. Now, I just bought an Eclipse CD5423 and an adapter for the front speakers which will now fit a 5 1/4 and tweeter up by window. Thinking about putting either KAPPA PERFECT 5.1 or CDT Audio CL-51-560 5-1/4" What kind of amp should I get? How much power? Can I just leave the existing rear speakers or will they even work without the 460 head unit? Should I get a kick panel enclosure, don't want to spend too much money does it make that big of a difference? Less than $500 hopefully. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6545
What kind of amp should I get? How much power?

for those speakers, about 75 watts x 2 for the fronts, RMS. Look at Kicker, Memphis, or MTX perhaps. JBL if ya want something cheaper.

Can I just leave the existing rear speakers or will they even work without the 460 head unit?

I think they'll work if you really feel a need for them at all. I'm not positive though. I mostly avoid working on Fords if I can.

Should I get a kick panel enclosure

no point if you have adapters for the front speakers already.

don't want to spend too much money does it make that big of a difference?

ya get what ya pay for. If you buy good, quality components, that's exactly what you get. Same holds true for buying junk.
From what you've listed though, you have pretty good tastes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us