What subs should i get?

Username: Mrrogers

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 1
ok im 16 years old i have a 1994 saturn sc1 its teal with flames its and awsome car but i need to find a system that is cheap but you can still feel when when your standing 10 foot away. right now i have a lightning audio 12" its nice inside the car but you cant hear it outside verygood.

i want car alarms to go off when i pass by parkinglots/

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 342
The goal of a system shouldnt be to piss off everyone you drive by... It's not "cool".

taylor17
Unregistered guest
The more sound you can keep in side the louder it will be for your bud's wen they sit in the frunt. Any ways how much money are you planing on spinding on an amp subs how miny subs and boxes.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
who else wants a machine that mass produces 5-10hz every 5 seconds? Illinois huh? and your tired of every black man beating your Wal*mart system?

(sorry just really spightful of these kinds of requests).

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 2
alright i know you dont know me damien but my whole life i have been pissing people i got kicked out of regular skools. i love pissing people off. i want there lungs to colapse when i go bye and my lightning audio 12 just aint doing it.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 473
you also realize you're gonna have to drive the car...not to mention cops dont take it kindly, i've seen cops yank out kids systems before...

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 3
ok "thatguyyouknow" i dont believe i said anything about black people. and if your just going to say hurtfull things which it didnt hurt me any than y the fluck did you reply. ya dickhead

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 4
um well i live in a town with only 2600 peeps in it and well the chief of poliece is my uncle and my cousin is a county cop. also i have been busted for drinking and didnt even get a ticket out of it. man no wonder why im such an a$$ hole i never get introuble. anyway me and the cops have met

justanotherguy
Unregistered guest
you're proud of getting kicked out of schools? good luck at getting into college. but anyway, the goal of a system should be for YOU..not for everyone else on the street. my system puts out 400 watts rms between 2 subs, and i dont care, its loud enough for me in the car, you cant hear it too well outside, but i dont care. my friends ask me why am i using such a low power system...my system is no where near as loud as my friends, but its very clean, very accurate, and sounds really relaly good, and thats what i want. most people here would agree with me. the goal of a system shouldnt be to set off car alarms, or to piss people off...you get enemies that way. and to get a really loud, really good system, its probably more than you can afford, unless mommy and daddy are buying it for you..

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Ok we dont need impersonaters but, I have lived in illinois, and asoomed that was the cause.

About cops pulling out sytems, thats why we make stealth systems and Bolt, screw, perhaps even weld them.

now if a cop try'd to pull that sh!t on me, oops I him hit reverse. you could always weld your trunk shut instead, but sum cars dont have folding back seats, and also people acually use there trunk!!! (I perfer passanger seats with suicide doors)

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
FYI you dont need to goto colladge to sell/make crack @ justanotherguy

Bronze Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 96
hey michael this is what to do if you want to piss off everyone

The 10 best steps to piss off someone
1 get flames on your car
2 get euro tail lights
3 put racing stickers on your car
4 put skulls all over your car
5 buy cheap wannabe spinners
6 paint your car primer
7 put on exauhst that sounds like a pissed off ostrich with a crowbar through its neck
8 buy a big audiobahn system that sounds like a snare drum
9 buy tons of billet for your car
10 play old rap songs

You can call it the white trash/fanboy mobile .Gauranteed 10 @s$ kickings a week

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
here want to make car alarms go off?
you should know this already seince you probly worship the movie 8 mile.
Paintball Guns. Fun for pedistrains

MynameIsChris
Unregistered guest
haha, nicely said david. but there are some good old rap songs.. so dont dis all of them

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 35
David you missed one... Drive a saturn and think its the coolest in the world! =) Ha!

Cale Yarbrough
Unregistered guest
Get A JL Audio W7 13.5" with a JBL GTO1201.1 1200 watt monoblocker amp....I have a 94 Saturn SC2 with that and i have a W7 with that amp and it is heard from far away. Or get 2 audiobahn 15" FlameQ....it takes money but its worth it.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2735
Or put a big vinyl on your rear windshield that says this:Upload
Guaranteed to piss quite a few people off.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2736
In all seriousness, Michael, how much money can you spend on this system?

BigBalla
Unregistered guest
dude if you wanna crank it up like a mathafucka and piss off the neighborhood when you getting home from a late night party.

Get a rockford amp 2400 watt and two 12" sony xlops and crank that sh*t up garateed to blow out some windows and neighbors ear drums. make sure all the screws on your car are tighted nice and tight or else you might not even make it out of the drive way.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 547
bah no, get a rockwood amp and some Xblod subs...much better thump for your buck!!! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 65
More like guarenteed to blow the subs! Hahaha

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 82
good thing he has a dent resistent car so that way when the nieghbors throw shi t at him going down the block.

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 83
one thing u all have to admit that the reason u ever went out and bought car audio equipment was not just to make urself happy, but deep down the real reason was to showoff. no one really buys it just because they wanna make their music listening more enjoyable.

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 44
I did - am a freak? lol - oh well to bad if i am - I once watched a really pissed off man pull some stupid looking kid out of his car for driving up and down their street at night with his subs going hard, he beat him so bad he didn't get out hospital for a few days, I didn't say anything or call anyone - what goes around come around.

MadFatChickKiller
Unregistered guest
I dont know if this wanting a system to wake people up and piss them off thing is a good idea, but I know your NOT going to do it with Audiobahn FlameQ's or Sony Xplod's.....or anything in this guys price range im guessing.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 330
wow, there is morons in this forum
(why did i read this whole thread)

Bronze Member
Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 97
where can i get that bumper sticker?

anyone know where i can get offensive bumper stickers in general? I drive a deathtrap beater and i might as well piss off other people while i drive since i cant cut them off or anything.

Anonymous

ok first thing i have to say....most the people in this forum are retarded....ill say this also...2 12 inch sony xplodes...will NEVER EVER blow a window...third...why the hell do you want to piss people off..thats retarded...i have a huge system that isnt for pissing people off...its for competetions and i got it for $400 bucks all together...i ride with it at like 1/8th power...thats enough...dont be ghey...i run...2 10 inch kicker comp vrs, 2 15 inch jlw0's and 1 10 inch eclipse titanium on 4 interfire audio IB2950C amps....and your saturn is total sh*t...try a camaro like me dumba$$

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6568
think that camaro is fast, dan? heheh

anwyay, you're not going to build a decent system that's as loud as you want it for really cheap.
you'll want to save up at least a couple grand to build something that loud if you want any sort of reliability and SQ from it, regardless of the kind of car.
try using a decent pair of (read not crap brands) 15" or an 18" sub and feed the sub(s) at least 500-600 watts RMS each.
use a ported enclosure, and tune it to 45Hz.
that's a good start.

Username: Iamdisturbed

Vc, Nd

Post Number: 1
hey man no dissin on loud subs. if people got a problem with loud systems,why dont u just go somewhere with other people that dont like loud systems,so u can talk about how loud systems are dumb and whatnot,then go dream about a world without loud systems. hey man if u want a semi cheap sytem,ide go with the kicker solo baric L7 or L5 with an older rockford amp,like find an 800 watt one, ude be really f'in bumpin then

Username: Subfanatic

Post Number: 10
hey glass lol...i didnt say my car was fast...its a faster car...but in no means was i saying it would like eat any other car lol...its decent..lol...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2794
"hey man no dissin on loud subs. if people got a problem with loud systems,why dont u just go somewhere with other people that dont like loud systems,so u can talk about how loud systems are dumb and whatnot,then go dream about a world without loud systems."
Or, you could do the intelligible thing and take your loud system somewhere where it won't bother anyone. Once you get a baby and it wakes up because some idiot decided to crank his system up at midnight, you'll understand. During the daytime I could rea

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 365
...lly care less.

Username: Iamdisturbed

Vc, Nd

Post Number: 5
jonathan i suppose u got a point there, if u got a loud system u gotta turn it down i guess. i ussually let it go during the day but i try to keep it down during the late night. cause my systems a lil to loud for nightime use.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2798
oops, meant to say during the daytime I could care less.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6580
Dan, what year is your F body anyway?
I've worked on a lot of them.. fun cars for systems, no doubt. One of my favorites for the general layout of the car.

D, it isn't really a matter of not liking loud systems at all.
It's a matter of using them responsibly I think is what we're getting at.
That, and trying to explain the physics of some concepts people don't realize when they're new to all of this.
Like wanting a system you can hear from far away means you're losing a lot of energy that could otherwise be making the system even louder inside your car. sound is energy, so the more energy you use producing sound 4 cars away, the less you'll hear inside the car. This is one of the main reasons we do so much work sound deadening cars, too. It not only keeps the ratling down, but it makes the car more efficient, and lowers the resonant frequency of the car's cabin, which means more, deeper bass.

I have a very loud system, and since my car happens to be designed in a way that when all 4 windows are down, practically the entire car is open to the air, it makes for a very loud system outside the car, if I have the windows down. but out of respect for others, I try to be conscious of where I listen to the system at high volumes.
I try not to tick off folks in residential areas, attract attention from law enforcement, or get the unwanted attention of thieves. I also try not to keep it so loud when driving that I can't hear emergency vehicles or car horns approaching, just to be safe. I guess that's all we're trying to impart to folks asking questions like the one above.

Loud is great, as long as you don't hurt yourself or others in the process of enjoying it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
glass...you make great points....but what do you mean f body...im stupid with sh*t....lol...but how do you know all of this...and do you like work on subs for a living or somen?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2810
f body being the body style of those Camaros. It's just a classification for the body and chassis setup of the cars, in your case, the Camaro used the same basic chassis design over the later years, just like the fox body mustangs that ran until now and and the older Mopar C bodies, etc.

Bronze Member

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 13
for one thing bud my saturn happens to be a verry nice car i just put a 6000 dollar souped up 6 cylinder engine in it. it didnt want to fit had to lengthen the front end and frame.

second of all eminem isnt a bad guy and old rap is good. i always say if it isnt rap its crap.

third im thinking about the pioneer premere series 5000 watt 12"s. decided not to go cheap.

and last if you dont like loud subs you can confront the great malinko ha ha haha

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 44
Yo...
Mr Rogers...

#1...Stay in school, because uneducated people
will never succeed in this society.
#2...Dont try to impress anyone here, because
they dont care.
#3...Pioneer subs are no good, because you could
do much better with the money.
#4...ICP is the worst rap ever created, and Id be
happy to confront the great malinko any day.
#5...Please deal with that teenage angst your
carrying, because if you dont, one day youre
going to realize working at McDonalds is no way
to spend the rest of your life...No one
is impressed by how "bad" you are.

If you really want help, you can find it here.

If youre trying to be a jerk, then no one is going
to help you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ha ha,...i love these discussions lol...m rogers...honestly you should have just bought a new car...since apparently you have so much money...or you could have put in a 450 hp v8 big block from chevy crate engine...thats what me and my friend did to his neon...its bad..

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6634
ok, first, it's still only a 6cyl :-)
but nice job on the conversion, sounds pretty cool. which motor did you put into the SC1?
I think I'll stick with my big block, but I can still appreciate the effort on small cars.

eminem isn't old rap though. public enemy, NWA, grand master melly mel, fat boys, and Run DMC are old rap..
still good stuff though. probably better than most of the stuff today like nelly, fifty cent, jay z and lil jon anyway.

yeah I meant your Camaro Dan. it's an "F body" chassis. Just a GM term for the cars. camaro/firebird/TA bodies.

Michael, how much are those pioneers?
I can suggest some much better subs for ya at the same price range.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6635
sorry I forgot to answer your question there dan.
my profile here explains my experience in car audio.
I'm a master installer and electrical engineer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us