Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 58
this is the specs of my brothers amp
2 x 300W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo
2 x 500W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1000W RMS @ 1 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1200W RMS @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo
1 x 3000W MAX @ 1 Ohm Bridged

my brother is an serious audiophile, and he cant afford to buy any subs for a while, but for christmas me and my dad plans on buying him some subs for his car becasuse he recently blew 2 12" excursions which werent hitting that hard. can anyone name some subs that will push him over the 140db mark.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 531
MTX RFL152....RE X.XX 15....RE MT 15 (or 12)

Bronze Member
Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 26
a single RE MT 18 will push him over the 150 mark

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 85
how much are yall willing to spend on the subs thats matters when buying in certain price ranges

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 71
That MTX could probaly do anything u want it to with the right power. and if anything were to go wrong on the plus side its rebuildable and if u dont like the way it performs sent it back. It is also 1 grand which obviously dont matter to u anyway. It says that it can handle 4000 watts which I hear is BS. For the right amount of power u have to ask somewhere else ill guess 2000 would be fine but his amp if bridged can only put out 1000 on that 2 ohm speaker. so if u dont feel like spending money on a amp then go with another sub perhaps a JL W7.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 177
go with the mt, or the brahma extreme or the talmult, or mmats juggernaut, try digital designs also the 9917
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us