BLOOD EARS

Bronze Member
Username: Spanky

Post Number: 86
has anyones ears ever actaully bled? i dont think its possible cause i sat in an H2 that had 4 15inch mtx 9500's powered by 4 mtx 1500d's and i listened to the songs throw it up and killa whale.. those songs slam and my ears didnt bleed..although it hurt like a bootch!

Username: Mrrogers

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 10
if you hit 165db im sure something will happen. but i have heard of peoples lungs colapseing on them, usually older people.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6329
I sat in a Stilwater demo van that ran 12 15" subs with over 20 kilowatts of power and when they hit about 158dB in this full size van, running from AC voltage via a wall outlet, I can honestly say my chest hurt so badly i could hardly breathe.
No bleeding, but not an experience I'd want to repeat often.

It is possible to stop a human heart at around 158dB as well, if I recall the number correctly.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 449
I put my ear on the port of a box that had a RF HX2 12" sub in it when I was in middle school. Don't know if it was my ear canal bleeding or what but it did bleed a bit and everything does sound different since I did that out of that ear. I can only hear midrange and bass out of that ear the really high notes I can barely hear. I think if you have heart problems i think a system with around 145 or 146 can cause some trouble for a heart patient. I dunno.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 497
yea, you most likely messed your ear drum up pretty hardcore...

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 18
i sat in a yukon that had 4 13w7s in it and i couldnt breathe at all.. had to get out ;[

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 48
I was in my cousins explorer and he had nothin great, all he had was 2 eights at 400 watts each and i had alittle problems breathing.

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 96
Um, yea...you guys do know that hearing loss is permanent right? There are little hairs that detect sound pressure that don't restore once they have been damaged. Only an idiot would get wait for their ears to bleed before turning or running the hell away. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be deaf the rest of my life.

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 97
Also, it seems like its always those same people who can't tell the difference between good or bad SQ speakers. =)

PS. If you have a hard time hearing the electronic buzz of a conventional projection tv at zero volume 15ft. away, I think its time you turn down the volume to the music you listen to.

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 20
im glad im just going for 2 10s then.. lol

TimberJon
Unregistered guest
Like Stanley said, its perm. Plus, the younger you are, the faster you have just accelerated your hearing loss. Its like BAM you have the hearing of a 70 year old man already. Just wait til 20 years later, you will essentially be deaf.
What you do is ride with a hoody on and wear good industrial-grade ear plugs. =P

TimberJon
Unregistered guest
Like Stanley said, its perm. Plus, the younger you are, the faster you have just accelerated your hearing loss. Its like BAM you have the hearing of a 70 year old man already. Just wait til 20 years later, you will essentially be deaf.
What you do is ride with a hoody on and wear good industrial-grade ear plugs. =P

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 52
Im only 14 and i think my hearings starting to get alittle messed up because sometimes i think im hearings things and my left hear cant pick up on highs and mids.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6405
your left speaker is blown... and you're schitzophrenic.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 530
your left speaker is blown... and you're schitzophrenic.

They may not have happened in that order...

(disclaimer: neither glasswolf or myself are lisenced MD's...i dont think)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2732
hehe.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6409
speaking of bleeding ears, I did have to listen to a light rock station in the car today.. it was horrid.
after half an hour of richard marx and bette middler and celine dion, I was ready to claw out my ears myself.

Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 9
Buddy I know told me a story once... happened to a friend of a friend of mine.
Hehe.

He had a 2000 mustang done up with a dozen subs/amps - strictly competition. He comes out of his house one night to find someone inside his car trying to rip out his deck. The doors closed on the car, he burps the system at full blast. Buddy starts screaming, banging on the window - He lets him out after a few moments.
Apparently, he was stone-deaf and had blood trickling out of his ears.

Smelt like B.S when I first heard it, but who knows? If I caught someone trying to rip off my comp. system , you'd bet for damn sure I'd deafen them if I could... Remotes, gotta love'em.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 299
Hey glass, why did u HAVE to listen to some light rock?? I though with a 20000 dollar system, u could actually change the channels lol
:P

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6508
not my car, not my radio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us