Problem with the code in for Sony cdx-m630

Jimmy
I have a Sony cdx-m630 and I have no remote but as soon as I hook it up the face says "CODE IN"

Any help gettin around this?

Cheers.

Carl
Jimmy, sounds like to me that you lost your code. call sony and give them the serial # on the radio and they will give you the code over the phone. I had a problem with a blaupunkt one time with the code,i called them,gave them the serial#,i punched it in & was hooked up.the radio was given to me cause the guy didnt know the code.........good luck.

zacdavis
nice try, but you have to have the original receipt and store that you bought it from. if you bought it used ya might as well trash it, sorry, thats the truth, i've worked in car audio for years and the manufacturers even give us a hassle when trying to help our customers on the very same problem, hope you bought it new.later

Unregistered guest
I lost the code of my CDX-M630 .The remote doesn`t work.The serial is 20655317.Can you help me ?Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I also have the CDX-M630, came with the car, no remoth changed the fu**ing battery now can't us the stereo if anyone does have codes can you help.

psychedelic munter
Unregistered guest
This is classic - I need codes aswell for the CDX M360 - I'm guessing everyones scored them :-))

Unregistered guest
I have the code, but you need the original remote to enter it which i do not have. tell me the code for the remote (on the instruction book) and i'll tell you the code...

Anonymous

And i thought i was the only one, my cdx-m630 is also second hand[ so to speak], i've tried all the codes that i came across on the net, but struck no gold :-)
<hr>
Dr Love

Unregistered guest
does any one know how to put the code in the sony cdx-m630 with the remote controll

Unregistered guest
I have a cdx-630 with no instruction manual! Clueless how to set radio presets. Help??

Username: Amt2002

Post Number: 2
Try entering the following, using your remote control:

DISP
SOURCE
OPEN/CLOSE

This should work. Let us know.

Unregistered guest
der is a way of enterin the code without the remote i cant get it!! i have the code for the the remote one but no remote!!!!
sum1 help me!
djherpeze@campus.ie

Anonymous

The default code that comes with all manuals is the following.
on the remote press:
"mode" "sound" "open/close" "ATT".

Unregistered guest
Can you please send me the unlocking codes for the sony cdx-m630. i bought the car recently and had to take off the stereo to replace the dash display.I placed it back and it was displaying CODE IN. i also have the remote control.

thank

Username: Amt2002

Post Number: 4
erm, have you tried the codes provided above??

Anonymous

Another code is:

MENU
SEEK <<
OPEN/CLOSE

Bizze
Unregistered guest
i lost the yellow paper with the code on, are there any other codes for this player because these don't work :-(

sorry for my bad english, i'm from belgium

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2029
yes here's the code:

buyanewheadunit

the codes are there for a reason. to stop people (probably like you) from stealing the radio and using it without the codes.

Anonymous

I was just going to add that this remote (rmx-117 for the cdx-m630) is available straight over the counter at any good SONY dealer or is ordered and sent in three working days and they will sell it to you with no questions asked. Then when you get home you can punch the codes provided on this forum straight in to the remote and it will work. I did this and all is well with my CDX-M360. I was not treated like a theif as you obviously are on this forum.... I wanted to let ALL users know that help is available without prejudice. To the Member GLASS WOLF you are obviously a LAREDO DRIVIN wanker who thinks his excretement dont stink. Who are you to assume that because we dont have codes we are theives. Up you man, hope your junket of a vehicle gets ripped by the real thieves and burnt to a cinder. Help like yours is not help it's down right sarcasm. Who needs it. Hopefully in the future this forum will become the one I was looking for, a "help and Technical one" until then this is my first and last post.

Regards,

SED8ED.

XR2iguy
Unregistered guest
I agree with glasswolf most of you probably are fckin theiving bastrds who cant afford a decent headunit.

Anonymous

GET BENT MAN!!! YOU SUCK DOGS WEINERS. FOOL. GO SUCK OFF YA MUMMA. GLASS WOLF SUCKS AND SO DO YOU XR2iguy.

yo mamma
Unregistered guest
wow. real b*tchin. i thought this forum would gimme some help wi my stereo but instead i got some laughs. Good work.

Unregistered guest
Jai perdu le code de mon poste sony cdx m630 il faudrait absolument que je le recupere merci de m'aider

Unregistered guest
well hello there. i'm I girl from sweden that had the same problem just a few minutes ago. it took me three different codes to find the right one. NOW I`LL FOUND IT!!!! My stupid battery in the car failed down and when I got it started again my stereo crashed and asked for a code.
It was:
Mode
Sound
Open/close
ATT

Thank you all.

Anonymous

aghh, I like those swedish people, always thinking outside the square they live in. Nice to see that across the seas in other countries there are people who want to help rather than ridicule. Nice work!!!!!! I think there is a pattern emerging. GlassWolf your silence speaks volumes.

Unregistered guest
If anyone would like their radio decoded i will do it for them, mail me and i'll sort out some details.

Unregistered guest
Please help, i have the remote control but whith your codes my sony cdx-m630 doesn't work. Someone have the unlocking codes??
thank you thank you thank you

Unregistered guest
Hi all,
I've tried all the above codes for my m630. Another website says there are 15 available codes and 1 will work for each specific stereo. Problem is they don't seem to be replying. I've got my receipt, serial no and remote. It was a mate that pressed the reset button without asking me if I had the code! Has anyone got any suggestions as I can't go much longer with my stereo!!
Thanks

Anonymous

lost my code for cdx m630 took it out got it d coded no more probs

Anonymous

i can decode any sony unit that has lost codes, email me for more info, London area only please

Straight Cali
Unregistered guest
The reason for these post are to find help. If you (Glasswolf) can't be of any help. Then shut up!! Some of us end up buying a car that already has a stereo. Not realizing that it may be important to have the code just in case we replace the battery with a new one. Then you find out later that you have to have the code to work the stereo. Not everybody's a thief. Take your head out of your rear end. Most, if not all that replyed to the post did so to help one another. What the hell crawled up your a@#!!!

Unregistered guest
help me please iv have just sold my beloved head unit as igot a new car with a buit in one any way i sold it to some bloke thinking i could remember my code but of coarse iv forgot it is there any one who knows an over ride code as i have all ready had it uncoded once or is there any one in the nottingham area who can uncode it me please help

Anonymous

The thing I cant understand Is why no-one will list all the codes. If someone has all the codes Why not just post them. The unit is a couple of years old now and far from the breaking technology that is coming out now, there are heaps of second hand units floating around it is now obvious that people will be offloading these to upgrade and therefore the lost code situation is popping up.. It would probably have to be one of the only units I have owned with a low resale value purely because it has to be sold with a shitty code (I realise it's for security). It would have been better if you could have set this unit up to work with or without a code yourself and those who wanted a code could use the feature and those they knew they are forgetful could turn the feature off. If people are offerering d-coding they must know all the codes, why take advantage of people and offer decoding when you could list all the codes here anonymously. Are these people asking for money. Is decoding permanent??? Can anyone answer these questions for me????. I live in Australia and I do not know anyone who can decode the unit I have. Does anyone know what to do or where to go...Can someone e-mail me the codes for cash???? I would be prepared to pay to get the unit working again. obviously there is an easy remedy to this situation (forgetting where I put code). So I will ask the question, IS ANYONE PREPARED TO LIST OR TELL ME THE CODES...Do a google search and look at how many people are asking for these codes...Absoloutely heaps. Lets put them out of their misery regardless of the fact they may be thieves..I couldnt care less if they were, I just want my unit to work again. To hell with sony (this stuff is as bad as the minidisc software they offer).

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find a remote control for sony cdxm630 it would be greatly appreciated

Anonymous

hi all
cud some body please tell me how 2 link my cdx-m630 i hav no wiring instructions.

thanx

Unregistered guest
wiring for cdxm630
red - switched 12v
yellow - constant 12v
blue - control for amp/antenna
black - earth
gray - right front sp+
gray/blk - right front sp-
white - left front sp +
white/blk - left front sp-
violet - right rearsp+
violet/blk - right rear sp-
green - left rear sp+
green/blk - left rear sp-

code 3
menu
seek<<
open/close
does work with remote

Unregistered guest
anyone out there with the code for sony,s cdx-m630, I brought this piece of @#$%@ when I was on vacation in Germany, now I am back home in the caribbean,I hook it up in my hum-v all I am getting is code in. I have no remote control

HELP........

Unregistered guest
I have some codes.... Six to be precise and 2 of them definatley work. However the one i need i do not have. Email me @ beasty_simon@yahoo.co.uk and i'll exchange some codes.

Unregistered guest
For any that might be looking for the remote to buy I brought one from a guy in USA selling on eBay for just £15.00 maybe you could too. www.ebay.com just type rm-x117 in the search field. Good Luck. Would be really nice though if just one carefree person could share, (the ever so secret by dont really know why coz its old skool now!), 15 codes with me. I have 11 but none work for me. Gutted :-( Look forward to a reply thanks.

Anonymous

You need to press reset after each attempt.

CODE 1: MODE SOUND OPEN ATT

CODE 2: ENTER OPEN meNU 6

CODE 3: OPEN DISC+ 1 LIST

CODE 4: SEEK- SEEK+ 3 OPEN

CODE 5: OFF 4 OPEN SOURCE

CODE 6: 2 OPEN DSPL SOUND

CODE 7: OPEN 5 ATT SEEK+

CODE 8: DISC- DSPL OFF OPEN

CODE 9: SEEK+ SOUND OPEN ENTER

CODE 10: DISC- LIST SEEK- OPEN

CODE 11: OPEN 4 LIST OFF

CODE 12: DSPL SOURCE OPEN 1

CODE 13: MENU 2 MODE OPEN

CODE 14: 5 DISC+ OPEN ATT

CODE 15: 3 MENU SEEK- OPEN

hope they work for some of you, got them from sony last week!! need to convince them you are gen. They might ask for a copy of your passport, car reg number, address and serial number then they email you back quick time!!

Unregistered guest
is there any way to change a preset with out the remote?

Unregistered guest
Hi, can anyone help me, I have taken my old cd-player out of the car, and put the CDX-m630 in, but I dont know what I did wrong, cos now I have a problem, when I turn the key without start the engine, so only power starts, then cd-player works, but when I start the engine, than cd-player turns off, and then I cant start again no matter what I do, I need to take it out and put it again before it turns on again with power only, and goes off again when engine starts. What can the problem be? I have tried with 3 cd-players, and all of them turns off.

fred1001
Unregistered guest
to the tosser that thinks everyone is a thief,why are you so paranoid are you one trying to look innocent

Martin1111
Unregistered guest
Hi, can someone please tell me where the remote lead connects to from my amp to my sony CDX-m630

Anonymous

wHOOO HOOOOOO I am back on the road again... Thanks to the anonymous tipster!!! Tried all codes up to thirteen and whalla!!! Everything is running again...Funny thing is though when i saw the code (no 13) I was dead sure it was the one!! My memory has served my poorly but thanks to you anonymous tipster you have allowed me to gain control of the music.. Well done!!! I cant begin to express how happy i am. This unit cost me $800 (AUD) originally and i have gone without the music for three months. I feel like I just left the craziest rave on the planet.

Good luck all***

Fight for the music for free.

petur
Unregistered guest
Yeah, thanks for the codes - one of them worked for me and my unit is working again! Thanks from Iceland!

Anonymous

thanx my stero is working now thanks for the codes

Username: Rikithebest

Post Number: 1
hello!!!! I reset my cdx-m600r and now it wants the code! what is??? help me!! thanks

Anonymous

hi can someone help me , im trying to hook my sony cdx-m630 to my cd changer and all it said is "PUSH RESET" and i did 4 time still don't work im going crazy............do i need codes to make work?????

pipdaz
Unregistered guest
i was given a cdx m630 by a lad i work with but it has no remote and i dont want to pay for a new one if it wont work ive bin told ther a way arround this any help please

smith85
Unregistered guest
hi thankyou mate my stereo working now you a star!!!! mine was code 12!!!

JBlive
Unregistered guest
Thanks to the anonymous code man that sent out the codes. What a relief to finally have my music back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us