2 10's kicker comps HELP!

Bronze Member
Username: Therainman

Post Number: 19
i have 2 10 kicker comps in a sealed boxed prolly under 1 cubic foot. i have a boss pd-3000 amp hooked to them bridge one of the speakers is 4 ohms the other is 8. i have no clue why i bought box and all from a friend for 50$. eventually ill be gettin an idmax12 or 2. should i be able to blow these subs with this amp? i mean ive already ripped on of the cloth looking things by the magnet that holds the vioce coil in the motor. i ripped it completly off by over powering i suppose. or is it cuase my amp isnt gettin enough power to it while its playing i mean my lights dim very easily. is this amp not producing what the specs say? who regulates the stats on these amps? i mean if it says 700rmsx2 @ 2 ohms is it produce that or not?

basicaly those subs are throw aways i mean im just playin this hell out of them. i should record it its amazing to see them flex ive already ripped alround the surround amazingly it hasnt blown.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 539
boss amps are really bad might i add...if you run an IDmax of a boss amp i'm a come steal that IDmax...

Bronze Member
Username: Therainman

Post Number: 20
um ur an idiot to start off with. a amp is a amp when it comes to powering subs i mean the basic frequency of a woofer not a subwoofer is 0-500 cycles any amp can perform these simple task i mean its not like a true ab amp for componets or tweets...

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 276
ahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahhahahhaha chris jones hahahahhahahaha sry . just cant believe you know what your talking about!!!! thats AMAZING your so smart! make fun of Jeff as much as you want!!

AntiAudiobahn
Unregistered guest
Chris Jones...you want to know why your having troubles and problems? Your first problem was probably being dropped on the head as a kid. Secondly, 1 4ohm speaker and one 8ohm speaker wont work together. period. im suprised your amp hasnt thrown in the towel and spontaniously combusted. i think it would be funny though to see smoke pouring out of your trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 296
LOL
I just imagine him looking back, and seeing the camp fire in his trunk through his rear-view mirror.
LOL

AntiAudiobahn
Unregistered guest
someone grab the marshmallows...but i doubt i want my smores tasting like a smorgisboard of burnt up computer chips and plastic.

Bronze Member
Username: Matt77

OK US

Post Number: 34
yea dude there right boss is a crappy brand for anything it does matter what brand it is most are way overrated and just crappy quality so get a better amp wit those idmax subs there good but not that amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us