Converting...

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 533
Well...just out of curiousity...what would i need to run an amp inside my room off a wall socket to a pair of subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 67
u need a AC - DC converter make sure its 12 volts.
did u read my ghetto thread? If u want ill post a picture of it tommorrow.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
u will also need a signal like a portable CD player unless u feel like taknig out your HU

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 536
i planned on using the AUX out on my receiver thats connect to my computer, use those RCA's and brning them to the RCA IN on the amp and connect the subs from there instead of running them off my receiver, i'd be able to send them alot more power...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
I wouldnt jeopardise the safety of a comp for something like this. Dude believe me for some reason the CD player has alot more power then u think. i turned the volume half way up on the CD player and the sub was moving like crazy like 2 inches. but i used the sony with the bass boost that has much higher bass at low volumes.without the bass boost u can turn the CD player up to 3/4 for max. It also depends on the amp. I was using a very old but high quility amp. that put out 120 watts.im tired ill send pics tommorrow. and explain more.

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 61
im doing the same thing but with a bx1000 going to 1 15" re X.X.X. And i know how to wire everything but what does the remote wire on the amp run to.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 541
so...whos got a link to where i can get an AC-DC converting that would work for me...i cant find any...i dont really know what i'm looking for...help me

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 170
How much are those converters? And i believe you can find them at RadioShack right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us