What system to get to reach around 150-155db in escalade

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 25
Hi i was just wondering what your guys opinion was to reach around 150-155 db in a escalade. i want something that absolutly slams when you want it to but yet still a daily driver. i would really like to go with JL. what would a 13w7 in a really good sealed box and a 1000/1 amp reach around? and is 2 12w7s with 500/1 each louder or no? or i was thinking of going with 2 or maybe 3 13w6v2s with a 500/1 each. what do you think would be the best setup? i want both SQ and SPL thats why i am using a sealed box. also id like to try and save money. but its really hard to do :-P 8-) let me know what you think about the systems listed or other opinions thnks alot guys.

also i plan to have the whole car matted

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6300
if you want 155dB from an Escalade, you're looking at more like 4 13W7 subs each with a 1000/1, and slot vented enclosures tuned to 28-32Hz for SQ, or higher for SPL.

You could also go with 4 Orion H2 or RE triple X subs in 12" or 15" and give each sub at least 1Kw to 1500 watts RMS

155dB on a termlab mic isn't an easy job.

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 26
wow i guess not... thanks for waking me up lol.. what do you think 3 13w6v2's with a 500/1 each would hit around.. i know there are many factors but say the installer new what they were doing what would be your estimate?

also..sorry i meant to start my range at 145db... the second post correcting myself must not have gone through

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6309
ypou should be in the 140s with that. it'll be loud. hey honestly I don't think you'd want to sit in a car with anything much over low 140s on a termlab mic.
it'd be painful.

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 27
my brother had 2 12 L7s and he had them hitting as hard as an L7 has any L7 ever hit... they hit pretty hard but if im goin JL i expect to be far ahead of 2 L7s for all that extra money. what do u think 2 L7s are capable of hitting so i can get an idea of how hard 140s are

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 28
** as hard as any L7 has ever hit***

Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 9
dude from expierience I wouldnt go JL 12w6v2's I have one and I am not that impressed. I mean it is loud but not what I expected. I was running 3 10w6's before and it slammed a lot louder than my 1 12w6v2. I am switching to either a brahma or a REXXX but have not figured out which one my amp will run better yet!
James

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2713
"I was running 3 10w6's before and it slammed a lot louder than my 1 12w6v2."
That's kind of a no-brainer, not trying to be rude. You'll need to port that sub and open it up a tad more before comparing it to 3 10" W6s.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6335
the three tens have more comined surface area and excursion, and thus mroe displacement than the single twelve.
considerably more.
two twelves might compete with three tens..
one twelve? nada.

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 17
my cousins getting 4 12w6s in his truck, ill let you know how that sounds heh

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6364
er *combined cone surface area

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 29
what should be louder but keep great SQ... 3 13w6v2's with a 500/1 each or 2 12w7s with a 1000/1 each? also... does the w6v2 and w7 keep good SQ in a ported box? because i was thinking that might be a better way to go to get louder but JL subs i was thinking should still have good SQ in a ported box... let me kno what ya think thanks...

oh and does any1 know what size speakers fit in the front and back of an escalade... just wondering if some1 knew to save me time on taking of the door panel ;-)

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 21
All i remember are my cousins 2 12w7s each w/ 1000.1 and that beast kept pretty decent sound quality even @ really high volumes. If you can wait a few days ill let you know, i think my cousins putting his mbs in soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us