Sugestions for new setup

Username: Stewiegrifin

Kingsport, Tn US

Post Number: 1
hey, im getting an 02 explorer and i am lookin to put a decent system in, nuthin comp quality, just enough to satisfy. my budget is 800 or so dollers. i am running my old amp to my factory speakers, and am leavin the stock deck in due to changer already installed, and i will be using an amp, i am also using stock speakers due to amp, all i am lookin for is a good set of 10's or if u feel like 12's would be better either one, and a good amp to run the subs attiquitly. i listen to rap and rock so i am lookin for some thin that bumps and can be turned down. thanks for ure suggestions.

drb223
Unregistered guest
You are going to be better off replacing you head unit with a aftermarket one. I would go listen to some component speakers in another car and see if you can tell the difference. If not and you really like your factory speakers, keep 'em. This is my suggestion for a complete system overhaul for around $800, not the best stuff but decent.

head unit: Alpine cda-9827- $190 shipped on ebay

Speakers: Infinity kappa perfects just for front-$200-ebay not much need for rear fill.if you want rear fill get some good midbasses.

Subwoofers: (1) 12" Image dynamics Id MAx $250- ebay can get cheaper if you look

Amps: MTX 801d for sub , MTX 342 for speakers-$210-ebay

These are not the only things to buy . you may find that you want to spend more on one thing and less on another or just buy some really good subs.
If you just want the subs to bump, I would go with an RE X.X.X. 15" and a Phoenix gold Xenon 1200.1 amp or the MTX 1500d amp. This post is quite long, but i hope it helps

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us