Help with connecting a universal bass remote to amp

Anonymous

heres what is looks like
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mobile-emotions/bacoreforany.html
i have one set of rca cables comin from the head units output. the bass remote has a connection for input and output and my amp has a connection for input and output.
could someone please help me hook this thing up correctly?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 812
Okay Anonymous, the remote bass control has input and output. Connect the rca cable from HU into remote's input and using rca cable, connect remote bass control's output to amp's input rca.
That should help you control bass on your amp from a dashboard.

Anonymous

thanks Isaac
i bought y splitters so i could use all four of my jbl 600.1 inputs for more output. could you explain how i go about using all four?

Silver Member

Post Number: 814
Ok you use the splitters to connect 2 rca input cables into 4 jbl's input rca jacks. So for left rca cable, connect it to the splitter. Then take the 2 rca ends from the splitter and connect it to jbl's 2 rca inputs. Now repeat for the right rca cable.
You're basically combining the jbl's 4 input terminals into 2 pairs.
Hope that's not too confusing.

Anonymous

ok, thanks man, i'm gonna go try this one more time. when i first hooked it up, there was barely any sound coming from the sub. the sub also had low bass comin from it even with the cd player off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 817
You might want to check your amp's gain control. Make sure the voltage is set according to your HU's output voltage.
If you hear a low humming sound coming from the amp with the cd player off, it could mean that one of your rca cable is picking up noise. They should be wired as far away from the power lines as possible. Also your rca cables should be shielded directional ones.

Anonymous

i just went back outside and no luck. my rca cables are wired as far away as possible. my rca cables comin from the remote are the same type of cables used to conect the hu to the amp.
everything works fine when i connect to hu directly to the amp but no luck when the bass remote is hooked up. i just got this thing in today brand new. i have no idea what could be wrong.

thanks for ur help though, any more suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 823
So you're saying you only get low humming sound with the remote bass control connected? Then that unit is causing the problem. See if the problem goes away if you move the control closer to the amp. Take the cables that go into your amp and pass it to the remote control. Then run a fresh set of rca cables from the remote control to the amp. For testing, bypass the splitter cables.
If that still doesn't solve it, then the remote bass control is bad. Send it back for refund. Any control that uses rca cables will pick up noise. It's just how it's designed. The ones that come with the amp, are not the same. They use thin phone lines RJ45. This will not pick up noise. It's best to have an amp that comes with optional remote bass control port.
This is why I always recommand remote bass control whenver people ask about amps.

Anonymous

ok i'll try that

Anonymous

no luck! i'm so pissed right now!!

Anonymous

Glass, could you help me solve the issue i'm having with installing this bass remote?

Silver Member

Post Number: 829
I don't think Glass can do much. It's the remote bass control that's causing the noise pickup. That is why, rca bass controller is not that popular.
Do you have another amp to try? I also found out that some amps are more prone to noise pickup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us