Coaxial speakers

Username: Irocka528

NJ

Post Number: 8
hey everybody
Thank you for reading this post. In case any of you that have read my previous posts haven't figured it out already, I am working on my first sound system. I currently have an Alpine CDA-9805 (I bought it off of ebay and was told it was MP3 compatible, but that was a lie). I am also trying to get a Boss RIP-796 (your feedback on this amp would be greatly appreciated as well). But now I'm trying to get speakers. I know components or seperates would be the best, but they are most expensive, and I'm hoping I can get some of those later on. So I'm looking at coaxials, and right now it seems like I am deciding between:
- Pioneer TS-A1680R (supposed 4-way, listed 3-way)
- Infinity Kappa 63.5i (3-way)
Can anyone tell me about these speakers? And which one would you all suggest? Please help, thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6240
first, the Alpine is a good head unit though not MP3 capable.
I'd avoid BOSS gear. If ya need a good, inexpensive amp try JBL, or Avionixx or Cadence.
Better quality, still affordable.
As for speakers, give me a budget for them and I may know some good separates, or if not, I can name some good coaxials

NJ

Post Number: 9
thank you so much. well, my budget is really low; I'm kinda pulling together whatever I can. but the coaxials I was looking at, I was looking on ebay where nothing I was looking at was above $80-$90.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6277
Those Kappas are good speakers. If you want another option, perhaps look at similarly priced speakers from CDT on www.thezeb.com

NJ

Post Number: 10
I am also now looking at the CDT CL-6x coaxials. where would you put those in relation to the Kappas? I can't find a peak power number for them.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6282
try CDtechnology's website for their specs.
both are very good speakers.. it's really personal preference for either set.
I haven't heard many complaints from owners on either line of speakers.

Bronze Member

NJ

Post Number: 11
someone on another forum said I should check out "dB coaxes"...what is dB? and do you know how they would be in comparison to the CDT CL-6x or the infinity kappa 63.5i?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6327
ask them for links.
I can think of a few companies they might mean, but none of them really will compare to the Kappas or CDT Classics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us