No alpine in Cherokees???

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 14
i hear that alpine head units break extremely quickly(4 months max) when put into jeep cherokees because their dashes are directly on the frame rail. i disagreed cus alpine is pretty relaible stuff. i have one from like 96 and it still works liek a dream.(5 owners too)./ any comments would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6150
I have two grand cherokees, one with an Alpine, and never had a problem.
Whoever told ya that is either full of crap, can't properly mount a radio using a backstrap, or really abuses both his SUV and his Alpine.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6151
PS, think about it for a moment.
the dash console is in the center of the car.
the frame rails are on the outside edges of the car, about 6 to 8" in from the body panels..

not even close.

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 38
Yep,

Whoever told you that is full of crap mate. Why on earth would a HU renowned for their quality and durability die in a Cherokee? The damn things are more car like than alot of cars. The Alpine will be fine, just make sure (and i ask this as I have never owned one to check) that the Cherokee is negative ground...

Cheers Glenn

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6197
they are 12V neg ground. yes.
since most Chrysler products are DIN and a half openings for the head unit, you'll want to use backstrap and the retaining bolt to hold up the back of the Alpine for support in the Radio cavity of the dash.
This will help stabilize the Alpine and prevent any problems in the future.
It's a bit more work, but well worth it in a 4WD SUV
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us