NEED HELP!

Username: Slacker22

Post Number: 1
Yo wuts gewd? Im runin 2 Power Acoustik FUBR 12" Subs and i really dont know which mono amps to go with. The subs run at 700 watts but in terms of a good 2 ohm stable mono amp what is most likley the best thing to get but still affordable?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 793
Hey Adam, if you want a cheap amp, try MTX6500D. It is rated 500W rms @2ohms, and 775W rms @14.4v.
When I say cheap, I mean price, not quality.
On eBay they ususally go for $75 - $125.
You won't find any amp cheaper than that except Pyrimad, but you know they're fake.

Username: Dannygisch

Bancroft , Ia United states

Post Number: 2
i would get a MA Audio M689I 800W 2 Channel High Performance Amplifier 200W RMS x 2 @4 ohm, 400W RMS x 2 @2 ohm, 800W max x 1 (bridged mono, @ 4 ohm) it costs 140 and if u wire ur subs to 1 ohm u can run 800watts to them max. it is hard to get a good mono amp that is cheap but i'd say that would be ok .....u can get the amp on etronics.com

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 799
Hey Daniel, you stated that the amp is 800W x1 @4ohms. So how can he wire the subs to equal 1ohm? That'll blow the amp for sure.

Username: Dannygisch

Bancroft , Ia United states

Post Number: 3
the amp is 1 ohm stable from what the specs said and depending on your sub if it is dual voice coil each sub will have 2 + and - if they are four ohm or two ohm you can parrelel wire the subs to 1 ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us