Oh, the disappointment!

Username: Azdave

Post Number: 8
So I have my front stage running (Dynaudio 340's on a JL 300/2). I installed a IDQ12v2 with a JL 250/1 last night, and I can barely tell if it's on!!

I have a 2003 camry, and the trunk is sealed up pretty good. The best location seemed to be firing up in the front corner of the trunk (louder that facing front or back).

So now what do I do? I figure I'm going to buy an arc audio 1500xxk (1000W) for either A) an IDMAX 12D4 or B) another IDQ12v2...

Suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6185
remove any materials or plastic linings etc between the cabin and back seat.
vent the rear deck to allow coupling of air between the trunk and cabin.
think about a bigger amp for that sub. It can take twice that much power without a problem.
consider going to a different box volume or tryp with more efficiency.

read this:
http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/trunk.htm

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6186
PS make sure gain, XO point, etc are set right on that 250/1 too

Post Number: 9
Well unfortunately, the rear seat backs are solid metal, and I don't have a pass through. I'm going to remove the rear 6x9's to allow sound through, but even when I moved the box forward and tilted one side of the rear seats slightly forward to mimic firing through the 6x9 hole, the sound was weak. I'm crossed at 80hz with a 24db slope, so that's fine. My gains look fine, and I checked the output with a multimeter to double check.

I guess my feeling is that it isn't even close to having enough output, so I gotta do something drastic... Short of cutting into my rear deck, that is...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6200
cutting is good!

so is a bigger amplifier

Post Number: 10
After talking with a tech over at ID, I'm going to going with another IDQ12v2, and I'm going to add an Arc Audio 1500-XXK to power them. While I'm waiting, I'm going to pull out the 6x9's in the rear deck and dynamat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us