Sound probs..maybe amp??

Username: Brianodom

Post Number: 1
hey my head unit is working but i get no sound my amp has no power but all the other electrical functions work well i also have a multichannel amp..also the head unit works but i get no sound?

but the amp's power light is off and nothings is lit on the amplifier either.. i have an xplode amp where should I start?

I'm guessing it may be the fuses in the amp

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 726
Hey Matthew, check your fuses first on your amp and the one near the battery. Check your remote wire on the amp.

Post Number: 2
the fuses are fine .. could it be the amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 731
Hey Matthew, who did the wiring for the amps? Did you check the remote wire? If you have DMM, check the voltage on the amp's power wires. Also see if there's power on the remote wire.
To see if your amp's even working at all, take the amp's remote wire and connect it to the pos terminal. That should power up the amp. If it doesn't then you either have no power, the amp's fuse is blown, or you just have a dead amp.

Post Number: 3
if i am correct the pos terminal is on the amp?

also the fuse on the amp is fine too maybe its the amp is dead ..like i stated before all electrical functions are working fine includidng the head unit i am just getting no sound .. but the amp doesn't have one thing lit on it ..i beginning to think its the amp..

Silver Member

Post Number: 745
Hey Matthew, if you think it's the amp, then try the remote wire trick. Attach the amp's remote wire terminal to the amp's pos battery terminal via a small wire. That should kick start the amp, assuming you have power on your power wires.

Post Number: 4
ok i noticed something.. all 3 wires are hooked to the pos on the battery

apparently the guys doing work the body work on on the car unhooked the battery... ok explain where these are to be connected :-)

i see one long one with a huge fuse on it and the two wires each with a fuse on them..

Silver Member

Post Number: 760
Ok the wire near the battery gets connected to the POS battery terminal. The other 2 wires, are they coming from a power distribution block or are they just connected to the main power wire with the huge fuse?
They're usually red in colour. Connect that to amp's pos terminal, black/clear wire (this is the ground), to the amp's neg/ground terminal, and thin blue wire (remote wire from HU), to amp's remote terminal.
This should turn the amp on whenever your ignition is on.

Post Number: 5
i got it working but i noticed its sucking juice from the battery anyway to trouble shoot that?

the tips from the ends on the subw wires both gave positive tones while i was playing around could it be the wires in the box are sucking the juice out of the car?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us