Hifonics amp w/ RE X.X.X

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 452
Which would be better to run the RE X.XX 12...

the X.XX is dual 2 ohm standard, so i can run it at 1 ohm, which power would be better to run it at 1000 with the hifonics brutus 1000d or 1500 with the 1500d...i was leaning towards the 1000d amp. any suggests for amps other then the hifonics?

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 454
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 40
if your box is built to the specs that reaudio.com gives you for the x.x.x 1000w should b perfect

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 457
i planned on building the box for SQL that REaudio.com gives you as specs, that'll fit perfectly in my trunk, and i'm gonna build this sweet amp rack on the top of it to hold the amp and cap, it's gonna be cool

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
So SQ not SPL?
you might rattle the "power of the gods" from your amp if placed on top of the box.
But maybe you could get shock absorbing materials between the amprack and box?
just a suggestion.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 460
i actually had thought of that, i was gonna have the amp in an almost box type thing made of MDF, i was gonna affix the amp to a thing peice of like 1/8th inch wood and then glue a peice of that like firm foam (kinda like one of those special contor body pillows) to the wood and have that set in the amp box thing...it was a thought...i figured it'd take alot of the vibration out....think its a good idea?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I hope that would work, as long as its not hard foam.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 461
its like foam you see on thsoe commercials for the beds that dont transfer movement, like your lay on at the discovery channel store (dont know if you have one) but its supper soft and meant to not transfer movement...i think it'll work well

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Sounds good.
I have yet to go into the stores and lay on them.
I probly have that store, in the Mall of America.
Hope it works out for you.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 162
i think the 1500 is only like 50 more bucks. if you ever wanted to add another sub, then the 1500 might be a better buy

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 472
i couldn't power a 1500d though, i cant upgrade my alt because it isnt my car (lease) and it'd void everything, so i'm stuck with 150amp alt and a capacitor...not to mention i dont think i'll need more then 1 X,XX to get the thump i'm looking for
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us