Newb needin a system

Unregistered guest
well im getting into imports and wantin to get me car lookin good...i need a good(loud) system to go with it...i want good sound quality at the same time as makin your vision blurred...lol
im wanted to get to about 120 to 140 db at the most...i want my hearing still...but i only got about $600 for subs and amp...i got a buddy who can build a box and set it up...so 600 for subs and amp(s)...

any thoughts for my newb self

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 36
getting to 130's is quite easily. Get two cerwin vmax's 12" for like 210 shipped ebay and a jbl 600.1 thats like 250shipped ebay. Knukonconceptz wiring kit and youre set. With like 100 to spare.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 29
Generally import tuners skip the audio and go for performance... But if you want some bump I would stick with one 12. An Alpine Type R or X will work nice.

jaxmirage
Unregistered guest
well im into imports...but im not about goin fast n stuff...have already had enough tickets. iv looked at the type r's. i think that im prolly gonna get 2 12 type r's...my headunit is alpine so ill stick with alpine...should a get 1 or 2 alpine amps. or another brand, im still wanting to get up to about 140 db or so...SQ doesn't really matter...any suggestions

nnnnick b.
Unregistered guest
Get a pair of adire tempests and a hifonics bx1500d. That ought to be loud enough.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 211
I would get Vmax over the type Rs they seem to get louder to me

and they are also cheaper

jaxmirage
Unregistered guest
cerwin vega...which kind of vega...i want either 2 12's or 3 12's...or is there something a little better in the spl column around the same price

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
SPL Alpine. Lot of it is on preference... The reason I would never buy something by Adire is because I would have to ship the damn thing if something happens to it. Alpine is at any high end audio store. Plus I am impatient on buying... Hate waiting for something I spent hundreds of dollars for!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 81
CERWIN VEGA OR TYPE R YOU'LL BE HAPPY WITH EIHER
2 WOULD BE LOUD IN THE RIGHT BOX

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Agree.. Prefer the older vegas though!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums